• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by armourguy

1. armourguy

105mm Recoiless Gun Info Wanted

Hi Leonard, I've developed the M27 105mm Recoilless in 1/6th scale as a kit. I've also been working on the jeep mount,
  2. armourguy

M36 help.

I have yet to build a M36 although I have 2 in my stash, however I have done 4 M10s. The two are basically the same, with the exception that the M36 uses the GAA engine rear deck like the M4A3, M4A3 patter rear lower plate / goose neck exhausts and deflector grill. All of these would need to be...
  3. armourguy

M36 help.

The bowing nature of the top deck is common on the JD hulls. This is from the way they are molded. A hairdryer will not work. The only way to fix from my experience is from fabricating a bulkhead. In the past I have used fiberglass resin coated 1/4 thick plywood. I have also used PVC tubes that...
  4. armourguy

M27 Recoilless rifle Project

I'm open to it, possibly something to look into as the new year rolls in. I do have a lot of full 1/6 kit projects I'm working on at the moment, not to mention replacing / phasing out many older items with 3d Print. The Crate would have to be made from wood, which is not something I have the...
  5. armourguy

M27 Recoilless rifle Project

Hi everyone, shortly after I finished off the M40 RR family I decided to take what I learned on creating those models / kits and put them towards creating the M40's predecessor, the M27. I got the idea while I was doing research I stumbled across the M27 RR, but this variant was...
  6. armourguy

Robin Williams 1/6 Tiger I sells for $875!

I never knew Robin was into 1/6th scale action figures. As for the Tiger it 's a Viper. These were released back in the early 2000's and were a commercial flop. They were all cast fiberglass resin and were fragile and very heavy (for most of the market) detail wise it's got a lot of accuracy...
  7. armourguy

Large ECA announcement, New parts, new materials, new vehicles

In addition to the guns themselves I also developed the ammo for them. Currently I have the HEAT rounds and the spent casings developed. With the techniques I learned from the 75mm rounds I used the same hollow construction for the shells. When assembling the rounds you roll some printer...
  8. armourguy

As for Post WWII equipment, Since the last M40 recoilless rifle was completed I saw some areas to improve on the model to make it easier to build and also fixing any errors I had made on the first attempt. The production gun that is posted on the catalog has all these corrections present...
  9. armourguy

Thanks guys, the experience I got from making these parts really has helped me run with this new medium. Below are some more new parts that I have developed. Some of these new parts have phased out the older legacy parts that were already on the catalog. Starting with Tiger I, I tooled up a...
  10. armourguy

Thanks guys, Pangaea, There are almost no prepwork made to the parts. The only place where I needed to address some print lines was on the top sections of the rear tripod legs. The lines were very mild and were removed with Some light sanding with a palm sander. 3d printing texturing was one...
  11. armourguy

The New ECA Full kit has just been Announced, which will be the M40A1 106mm Recoilless Rifle! The model in the pics is of the prototype, however the production kits will be almost identical to the one in the pictures with the addition of a couple extra parts and some better fitting. The...
  12. armourguy

Thanks Dave, the material is a cast rubber. So far I've had good results with it. I will also be using it for other applications as so far it works well
  13. armourguy

Now for something off topic, but 1/6 non the less I've also been developing an entire range of upgrade parts for the old 21st Century M151 Mutt. The Idea I had for this catalog was to utilize as much 3d Printed parts as possible. All parts and new upcoming parts will be posted on the following...
  14. armourguy

Hi Everyone, There is some big news at ECA. Over the last few months I've tooled up more new components for many of my 1/6 product lines. Currently I have a handful of 1/6 customer builds going on and while building the tanks I decided to make the following parts below Starting with the...
  15. armourguy

New DML Sherman 75051

even though it's just a reissue, any new kit on the market is a good thing as the prices on the dragon sherman kits have been going up as the stocks dry up. It does look like DML is keeping some involvement in the 1/6th market as they have rereleased the jeep and I think one or two other 1/6...
Back