• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by jimcorrigan

1. J

DiD Generalfeldmarschall

It's much better than the past offerings in terms of accuracy - I think they did a really good job on the coat and handbag. A nice touch. jim.
  2. J

Twisting Toyz NEW ITALIAN Hong Kong pictures

There was no ill-intent aimed at anyone - I just wanted to see them carry on with their unique figs and not get caught in the 'battle of the clones' struggle we just went through with BBi and now seeing with DiD. I honestly thought they were using the DML fig for comparison. I actually like...
  3. J

Twisting Toyz NEW ITALIAN Hong Kong pictures

I've seen that figure before................ :sad: You guys had some unique figures - why'd you change your focus? Is this a way of admitting the DML stuff is actually correct? In the end, we saw how these types of games ended. Curious. Same figure here...????????? jim.
  4. J

wheeled puppchens

Got mine and I have to admit while it's nice to have it on wheels, I really like both versions of this gun. Both of them far exceeded what I'd originally imagined - superb detailing on both items which would have easily surpassed $100US less than a year ago (in resin). Ok, now I can fortify...
  5. J

TT Alpini is arriving!

Twisting TOys has taken some pretty interesting shots at 1/6th machineguns in the past. I thought for sure it would be a Breda. :S Oh well. Topic's a little obscure to me - would have preferred more generic Alpini uniform - a slate grey tunic or non-regulation fur parka. Maybe there...
  6. J

Important Panzerwerk NOTICE !!!!!

Thank god. As long as there is no word such as 'bareback' or 'part two' in the title of the script I think you will be just fine. Let's nominate Panzerwork for an Academy award! jim.
  7. J

Soldat4 pic's

My fault. Sorry. Just seen a lot of harsh words expressed on certain forums and didn't want it to get dragged in here. jim.
  8. J

Soldat4 pic's

Fras, Fortunately we have enought etailers to let the 'market' decide what the true MRSP should be (for now). Seeing that some etailers have lowered the MRSP by 15-25%, there's a pretty good indicator that the price was a high for the subject. I bet that most of these etailers aren't making a...
  9. J

Soldat4 pic's

Soldat IV, 20% off at Toy Soldier Federation for this week. That pretty well lowers the double set to $104 not including shipping. As far as the opinions are concerned, I think there's a number of underlying factors that easily explain the success of the Soldat line. If there's anything that...
  10. J

is your hobby a secret ?

With the negative stigmas regarding handguns in my locale I got used to getting pissed on for my preferences a long time ago. BTW, the leading party in the next election will likely ban handguns if that gives you a sense what people think of the subject. Sorry for the OT reference but having...
  11. J

Soldat4 pic's

Ya, I'll be the first to agree that this figure will not appeal to everyone. Will some people want the figure or at least some of the items from both the sets....very likely. With the figure being a preorder limited release will some items sell at a steep premium and sell out fast...very...
  12. J

DML FJ Droptube w wheels, FlorianG Update & COSSACK!

This went up early this morning on DML's website... Early War FJ with Fully functional droptube... Florian Geyer Cavalryman finally updated... And by popular request, the Cossack! Quite a fine day for figure releases. Should be an exciting 06 as the momentum of previews continues. jim.
  13. J

Soldat 4 trailer...

Does anyone remember when guys used to dish out $60-$100 just for the reversible splinter parka? For those who've been around for a while there was a special CH Steiner 'cross of iron' release that included an extra parka (I don't think it was free). For the longest time that coat used to...
  14. J

British vs German Para Battles???

Oosterbeek Perimeter After the Red Devils lost the bridge at Arnhem, the Germans concentrated their attacks on Oosterbeek. One of these elements included a battalion from the Luftwaffe Hermann Goering NCO School - well trained but had never seen any serious action. Supported by captured...
  15. J

Dragon's Flak 38 Might Be Late.

Nzsealion, Being a luftwaffe field crew it wouldn't be surprising to see these guys less equipped than a usual infantryman. However, considering the vehicle is towed, there's likely a vehicle somewhere outside the artwork that may very well store the crew's items & weapons. Given that they're...
Back