• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by thetoysurgeon

1. thetoysurgeon

Is there a source for 1/6th scale tartan cloth?

I was in the same boat with ancient scots. I did find some on ebay. I do not know the color you need, but what I do is go to "Dolls" on Ebay and type in tartan cloth. If you only need a small amount, then a skirt or jacket might work. Barbie doll tartans.
  2. thetoysurgeon

HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER.....

Willkommen !
  3. thetoysurgeon

Hoplites from Joelanta

These guys were a big hit at Joelanta and I sold them all. I am working on a second batch now. Some
  4. thetoysurgeon

Reworked Sdkfz 250/8 Neu

I have had this halftrack for quite awhile and decided to bring her back to life. I believe it was originally from Alfonso. Here are the pics.
  5. thetoysurgeon

Been awhile. Posting pic

6. thetoysurgeon

Longtime Member, USMCPrice

Bob was a great 1/6er and Marine. Happy trails Bob ! Till we meet again.
  7. thetoysurgeon

Fields of Armor - LOCSTAT

I heard he left the country.
  8. thetoysurgeon

True Scale Armor

I talked to Keith at the last Joelanta he attended. He said that he no longer sells any of Mardon's creations.
  9. thetoysurgeon

End of an Era, my hosted images will go dark 2/28/21

Eduardo, I am faced with the same thing. I guess its time to print them all and make catalogues.
  10. thetoysurgeon

2 cm KwK 30 L/55

The Flak 30 and the Flak 38 are not the same gun. The Flak 38 had a much higher rate of fire. Both were used in armored vehicles and both were Flak guns. The KWK 30 used earlier then swapped out for the better KWK 38 in later vehicles. Both used the same mags be it 10 or 20 rounders and same...
  11. thetoysurgeon

2 cm KwK 30 L/55

They are the same gun with a shorter barrel then their flak counterparts.
  12. thetoysurgeon

Panzerwerk Stug III by Mardon !

I talked to Keith of truescale last Joelanta. There isn't any new production from Mardon.
  13. thetoysurgeon

Buckles?

Armorpax has allied buckles. https://www.armorpax.net/wwii-allied-parts
  14. thetoysurgeon

Nomad.......

How do you get in touch?
Back