• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. R

USMC Flamethrower Operator - Tarawa Island, 1943

My first Marine! I liked the look of the P42 camouflage uniform, so I chose to depict a U.S. Marine during the Battle of Tarawa Island, where that uniform was supposedly first issued. Some of you might recognize that I re-appropriated the M1A1 flamthrower from another figure I did a while...
  2. R

"Go For Broke!" 442nd RCT Nisei Soldier

My latest figure depicts a Japanese-American soldier of the U.S. 442nd Regimental Combat team. This is how he would have looked in October of 1944, before storming the Vosges Mountains on the infamous mission to rescue the Texas "Lost Battalion." This figure has particular significance to me...
  3. R

WWI Doughboy, Meuse-Argonne Offensive 1918

I just got a new light box to take photos of my figures and I was anxious to test it out on my latest figure. This is a WWI AEF "Doughboy" (K Company, 28th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division), during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, 1918. The uniform is a sideshow toys tunic, highly altered (I...
  4. R

Captain Miller from "Saving Private Ryan"

Here's my take on Captain Miller. I was super anal-retentive with this one. Here's a general breakdown so you can see what I mean. The helmet alone is a combo of 4 different makers: HELMET: Soldier Story helmet and liner, with the bails repositioned, and custom cork texture and hand painted...
  5. R

WWII Sci-fi Project with Sixth Scale Models

Hey Folks, I just finished up this little presentation for an alternate history WWII sci-fi project. All the effects were done with 1/6 scale models (no CGI): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnINKwWUiY I've posted my tanks and jeeps and figures on here before. Now you can see what I was...
  6. R

RNAGATA's Entry

Pre-drop US Paratrooper, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Division. June 6, 1944. Headsculpt: Albert Ross repaint Uniform: DID, chemically faded Gear: mix of DML, DID, BGT, Soldier Story, NLM, and BBI. Stand: custom
  7. R

My M4 Sherman Tank TOO!!!

I finished this one up as well. It 's a Viper M4, heavily modified and upgraded.
  8. R

My M5A1 Stuart Tank FINISHED! (Video added)

EDIT -- scroll down to see the video I worked on this puppy for almost a year. I tried to give her all the bells and whistles. It's fully RC with proportional steering, working turret, recoiling barrel, and a smoke generator to simulate exhaust. The headlights, tail lamps, and search lamp...
  9. R

Newline Miniatures Delays?

Hey Folks, I placed an order with Newline Miniatures last week and it has yet to arrive. Usually my stuff from them arrives in a couple days. No biggie. However, I've also written a couple emails regarding that order and another and there was been no response. I sent them last weekend...
  10. R

Still from a film project

Here is a still from a little film project I'm doing. We shot this last night. All 1/6 stuff!
  11. R

US Ammo Cans and Crates!

Just wanted to share this. I've been working on some stowage for a couple U.S. tanks I'm finishing up. The first item is a 50 caliber ammo can. I sculpted it off of my actual 1:1 WWII 50 Cal ammo can, so it's pretty close detail wise. I cast them up and added a custom made decal I created...
  12. R

M1 Flamethrower Operator, ETO 1944 -- New pics added

Here's my latest figure project. The flamethrower is scratch-built. Helmet is DID with custom made helmet and liner chinstraps (liner buckle is custom made from thin hobby brass). Headsculpt is DML, repainted with acrylics, pastels and oils. Jacket is BBI with repainted buttons (IMO, the...
  13. R

Arms

I sculpted these arms for my John Wayne figure since his sleeves are going to be rolled up. Special thanks to Tony Barton for the tips in his tutorial. They're Fimo painted with acrylics. The arm hair is rabbit fur glued on.
  14. R

John Wayne Headsculpt

This is my first attempt at sculpting a head. I wanted a head sculpt of John Wayne for an upcoming project, but I wasn't too happy with the existing sculpts (sideshow, dml, bbi all look kind of off to me). I will be adding micro doll eyes and real hair (hence, the cue ball look). I'm going to...
  15. R

Updated my Jeep

Some of you might remember my jeep from a while back. I made a couple of changes and took some photos the other day along with my contest dio and WSC. First, I repainted the invasion star. I also replaced the Jerry can in the back and added some new stowage. Lastly, I added passengers! The...
  16. R

Kit-bashed US M3 White Scout Car

Category: Kit-Bashed Vehicle Here's another one I've been holding on to for a while. It's my RC White Scout Car. It's a 21st Century Toys WSC that I converted to RC. Here's the breakdown: ARMORPAX: Headlights Tie-downs Jerry Can holders Skate rail carriages .50 cal gun mount EAST COAST...
  17. R

Diorama: US 1st Infantry Division with 37mm Anti-Tank Gun

Category: Diorama Submitted by an Individual I've been looking forward to posting this! Some of you have been following my completely scratch-built 37mm Anti-Tank gun in this thread: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=17978. We'll, I finally finished it and had a chance to...
  18. R

Mini Project: US M1 Flamethrower

While I'm waiting for some parts to arrive for my Stuart and Sherman, I thought I would tackle a "mini" project. I'm converting the DML M2 flamethrower to an M1. Here are some progress picks. Basically, I cut everything apart, removed the back pad and straps, sanded off all the detail, and...
  19. R

Late war brown ammo crates

I thought I would show these off here. I haven't been in this hobby long, but I have yet to see any late war brown ammo crates done. So I decided to make some: Basically, I constructed them out of balsa wood, carefully carving out the details. I painted them brown and made the tiny little...
  20. R

US 37mm Anti Tank Gun Markings?

Some of you have been following my M3 AT gun build in the Armor forum: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=17978 I was curious, are there any good references for how these guns were marked in the field? I've seen some photos of M3 guns with "U.S. Army" stenciled on the...
Back