• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. M

I suspect you guys saw this...OneSixth UK shutting down

It's a sign of the times as the 12" figure scene has migrated from military and historical towards pop culture.
  2. M

Project "Currahee" - A break in the battle

Excellent work!!!
  3. M

Panzerwerk Stug III by Mardon !

Are http://www.plasticpanzers.mysite.com/ still in business?
  4. M

Starting From Scratch

Hi there, always nice to get new blood in the hobby. Fortunately for you living in the US you'll find a greater range of vehicles being available and for much less than us on the continent of Europe have to pay. I'm not sure if Plastic Panzers and True Scale Armor are still in the business...
  5. M

Reverend John Gwinnett, 9th Para 6/6/44

Thanks guys.
  6. M

Major John Howard

Thank you for the kind comments.
  7. M

Major John Howard

D-Day 1944 Commanding the British Airborne assault on the Caen Canal and Orne River bridges was Major John Howard.
  8. M

After escaping from his parachute and armed only with his Communion set, lost in the dark, Rev Gwinnett searches for a recognisable landmark.
  9. M

On the night of the 5th - 6th June 1944, the Reverend John Gwinnett was parachuted into the dark Normandy countryside. Landing far from his designated drop zone it took Rev Gwinnett days to reach his unit which had assaulted the Merville Battery on D-Day. Rev Gwinnett would make one more combat...
  10. M

Tweeking Dragon's 5 button GI sweater

The version you picture was issued to the 1st Special Service Force, I think it was exclusively to the FSSF. Great job!
  11. M

What would you like to see from DiD in 2019? Facebook Survey

I voted for CSM Stanley Hollis who won the Victoria Cross 75 years ago this June, I feel he's been overlooked for far too long.
  12. M

DiD Red Devil

DiD look like they're finally releasing another Brit Paratrooper, like their previous effort they seem to have failed in their research. https://www.did.co/toysoul-hong-kong-2018/
  13. M

Card model recommendation

I'm surprised embossed card hasn't been used for model buildings like it's been so successfully used in the smaller scale model railways.
  14. M

New DiD Figure Otto Carius

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted. http://www.did.co/d80117w.html
  15. M

Dunkirk Movie

Dunkirk isn't the only WWII film this year, Jason Flemyng is portraying Nigel Poett in Pegasus Bridge.
  16. M

I remember 7 Dec 1941

I know that feeling...
  17. M

10th armor Division, what would be a good affordable reference for the markings?

There's a scene at the end of the Band of Brothers episode The Island were Easy Coy arrive in Bastogne and a 10th Armoured jeep resupply's them. It's not much but it's a starting point.
  18. M

Tony Barton

Damn, so sorry to hear this Tony, hope you get well soon. Must be a sign of things as 'we enthusiasts' tend to be on our 40's and upwards tend to get these ailments.
  19. M

Looking for suggestions

Flour, the only problem is getting to stick to the base. There's a fake snow that you add water to and it expands but I don't think it's readily available outside the Christmas season.
  20. M

SAS Desert Raiders

I can't recall ever reading of that happening, you'd think it was a good chance of it happening but most jeeps were lost through mechanical faults. Amazingly the LRDG recovered those jeeps and their fitters quickly repaired them and they were adopted and put into service by the unit. I suppose...
Back