• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. O

Banjoman Custom Berets and One Sixth Unique Closed Up Shop

0-9 by 0-4 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr Stephen Duffy, on Flickr 0-1 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr
  2. O

Banjoman Custom Berets and One Sixth Unique Closed Up Shop

My lads thank you for such nice headwear! 0-5 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr 0-1 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr 0-1 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr
  3. O

Is there a source for 1/6th scale tartan cloth?

Thanks, lads! A couple of those on Spoonflower are close to the "Leslie Tartan", as used by the 7th Galloway Battalion, KOSB.
  4. O

Is there a source for 1/6th scale tartan cloth?

The 7th Kings Own Scottish Borderers, at Arnhem, specifically. I need just enough for sleeve patches and cap badge backing.
  5. O

Merry Christmas!

That looks like DX06's Douglass Kay! "Merry Christmas back at you, Dougie old chap!"
  6. O

double barrel shotgun?

Battlegeartoys has an old west shotgun: https://battlegeartoys.com/products/shotgun?_pos=2&_sid=be000a64e&_ss=r
  7. O

Tad Burland 1/6th Brother Rest In Peace

Je suis vraiment désolé d'apprendre le deces de votre ami. Aucun de nous ne rajeunit , j'en ai peur ...
  8. O

WW2 German sniper training film w/ English subtitles.

Curiously, it was made by the Luftwaffe high command, although the solders are apparently army. It has English subtitles too, so perhaps the film was repurposed for training the US Army after the war. These are very sophisticated techniques for the time.
  9. O

Contemporary German panzergrenadier training film

I had not seen this one before. Very interesting!
  10. O

Hobby Can't be Dead

Spot on! Those of us who were old enough to open our first GI Joes on Xmas morning, 1966, are are the nucleus of the hobby. We, who still crave the 1/6th scale excitement, have already become fully saturated with hundreds of figures and bits of gear. We are truly living out our childhood...
  11. O

M4 priest self propelled howitzer

I am in awe, Sir! :brit_bigeyes:
  12. O

Project Atlantic Wall, Normandie, june 5th 1944

"Pluskat! Hallo? Pluskat, was ist los, da? Pluskat!" [Boom.] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhgUS1_lgiI
  13. O

baltimore

Watch your back in that city. The sailing Sloop of War USS Constellation is pretty interesting, though.
  14. O

Garand Thumb

I wonder if they screamed "Ping!"
  15. O

Is Flickr preparing to pull a Photobucket on us?

I got this strange email the other day. It looks as though Flickr is going to start deleting all formerly free, private photos over the new maximum of fifty (down from one thousand). The options are join/pay up, or convert all private photos to public ones, a process that apparently takes...
  16. O

Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 Ausf B, 5 series

Of the only 101 Pumas built, (Sd.kfz.234/2), 66 fought in Normandy: 2nd Panzer Division had 25 Panzer Lehr had 25 LSSAH had 16. (The rest went to the 8th and 20th army PD's, with possibly one going to the Brandenburg Division. ) The 12th SS only had 2nd-PD's old hand-me-downs, the 222's...
  17. O

Who made the custom US 37mm ammo crates?

The wooden ones which were stenciled, to be specific? I just found out that the 45th Infantry Division still fielded as many as six 37mm guns as late as the Anzio Landing in 1944, so I want to make use of my Dragon gun.
  18. O

Happy 20th Birthday Hans

Steve, I find that 95% of the breakage, for some reason, is the left hand. I had collected many sets of spare replacement hands, but now I have about twenty right hands and only one left hand remaining. The left foot seems to be the one that most commonly breaks too (during boot insertion)...
Back