• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. viaad

Rimpac 2016

Guys, I hope this finds everyone well! I just finished up with exercise rim of the pacific 2016. I've got some great photos to share. Once I get back to a main computer I'll upload and post. A good time but a very a very busy past 7 weeks!
  2. viaad

Colorado company making PZ III & IV

Hey guys I came across this as I was looking up some info on other tanks. Sounds pretty cool. Reenactors will love it I'm sure. I may have to make a trip home soon to try to visit this place. http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1438521605/last-1438581377/View+Thread I'm on my mobile...
  3. viaad

Goof pics and set up of our last photo shoot

Hello everyone! I hope the weekend was good for you. I wanted to post some behind the scenes shots of our last shoot. Always a good time to be had with 1/6 friends! ;) A couple shots that give you an idea of the church that Bryan has. Very versatile. He needs to move closer to me so I...
  4. viaad

Licking their Wounds

Curtain Up at Ellon 9 June 1944 Tilly-sur-Seulles area. West of Caen 130 Panzer Lehr Division 130 Panzeraufklärungs-Lehr-Abteilung Late on 7 June, the I SS-Panzer Corps was transferred from the command of the Seventh Army to Panzer Group West. German units are being rushed from staging areas...
  5. viaad

In Defense of the West Wall

116th Panzer Division Windhund-Division Armored Reconnaissance Battalion 116 September 17 1944 Vicinity of Orsbach, Germany The 116th PZ Div has undergone several changes in the past few days. Their former commander, Generalleutnant Count von Schwerin has been relieved of his command. In his...
  6. viaad

Teaser Dio pics

Hey everyone! I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend and spending their Mother's Day with their wives and or mothers! I just returned from Michigan after having picked up my daughter from school. While I was there I met up with some of the Michigan Armored Division guys and we...
  7. viaad

Stug with mixed mantlet

Having seen Eduardo's Marder, i started looking through my book covering the 17thss in Normandy. I came across this photo in the book which I hadn't noticed previously. Its a stug with a mixed early/late mantlet. Has anyone ever seen this before? Im thinning they added the front of what...
  8. viaad

DiD Wittman uniform

Hey everyone, I recently picked up the DiD Wittman uniform from a board member, Thanks Alan!, and I must say I like the latest uniform that DiD has put out. Ive picked up several other uni items from the latest figures but the one that comes with Wittman has a different touch than the others...
  9. viaad

Mechanic's kubel?

Was the mechanic or work shop kubel a standard vehicle or something that was put together as a field/unit modification? I think I've acquired the necessary tools and equipment to outfit one but wanted to know if anyone had information concerning them. Compressor, Die Werkstat tools and welding...
  10. viaad

Amazon to offer 3D printing

It looks like Amazon will soon offer 3D printing. This might be interesting going forward! http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/29/technology/innovationnation/amazon-3d-printing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
  11. viaad

A couple of interesting photos

Doing some searches and I came across these photos on the web which I thought were interesting. The first is the SdKfz 251/22. They must be early production, perhaps field modified kits?, because they have both visors functional. I always thought that the passenger side was welded shut. An...
  12. viaad

Summer bashes

Hey everyone, Its been a pretty slow year for me concerning 1/6. The transition to Mass has certainly kept me busy my first year here. However, Ive slowly been getting back to working with my figures. In hopes of putting together a summer rio or two with fellow Mass members Ive put together...
  13. viaad

SS Spiess, wearing a pea-dot tunic

I received these pictures from Original Paintbrush to share on the board. The best of the lot has to be the SS Spiess! Thanks Ben!!! What a great find. You just don't see something like this too often. As always one can never be too sure what anyone did during WWII. Im sure you ca apply...
  14. viaad

New Stalingrad movie

Im curious if anyone has had time to watch the latest release of the battle of Stalingrad. Im up for renting it this weekend and Im hoping that it wont be a waste of time. Just checking to see if anyone has seen it yet and can give ne a thumbs up or thumbs down.
  15. viaad

A couple of figures and some head sculpts

Hey everyone! It was great weather yesterday! I hope that everyone enjoyed the weekend. I spent most of the weekend outdoors at Lacrosse games and working in the yard. I took a break in the afternoon to take some photos of some recent projects. Enjoy! I recently went back to Michigan to...
  16. viaad

Western Mass meet and greet

Hey everyone, Can this be posted as a sticky. The warmer weather is upon us and my home projects are winding down. Ive recently cone to the western mass area and I would like to put together a meet and greet of fellow 1/6 ers in the area with the hopes of planning some dios or projects for...
  17. viaad

Russians

Here are some photos edited for Chuck. Sorry for the delay brother, Im working this weekend and Im dealing with drama. I edited the pics through Mac. Nice pics Chuck, cool story line! If you're coming in May we can do a couple photo shoots! On a hill overlooking the small village of Isagau...
  18. viaad

Go Green

Go White!!! Spartans, winners of the 100th Rose Bowl!
  19. viaad

Meyer meeting

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that all enjoyed their evening and that your new year is off to a good start! Waiting for the Michigan St game to come on and I spent a little while working on a figure bash that was inspired by an Alpine figure set. Here is the figure The figure comes in a...
  20. viaad

Meeting at Ardenne Abbey

Hey everyone Just messing around today and wanted to expand on my picture taking skills indoors. Trying to work to get the light as i want it to be in order to shoot photos of troops. I think I have bout right. Constructed a frame that sits around the figures and projects light. The firs...
Back