• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. thetoysurgeon

Hoplites from Joelanta

These guys were a big hit at Joelanta and I sold them all. I am working on a second batch now. Some
  2. thetoysurgeon

Reworked Sdkfz 250/8 Neu

I have had this halftrack for quite awhile and decided to bring her back to life. I believe it was originally from Alfonso. Here are the pics.
  3. thetoysurgeon

Been awhile. Posting pic

4. thetoysurgeon

Die Werkstatt M5 Turret instructions

Hello All. found my Die Wekstatt M5 turret kit in a box that I think I bought 10-15 years ago. Does anyone have the instructions for it? Thanks
  5. thetoysurgeon

Limited edition ammo crates for Joelanta

This was a project inspired by Kenneth Irving on the PACK ammo. He had just got a PACK and was thrilled. I already have one PACK as well and wanted to make ammo for it too. I also wanted to get another PACK to do more USMC dios at the beach. I ended up finding another from Cory Lord. The...
  6. thetoysurgeon

Hunker Down Eduardo!

I know Eduardo is in the path of Maria. A direct hit, they say. Stay safe Eduardo!
  7. thetoysurgeon

Bamboozeled

I just sold a AH 250 to one of the members at SAG. He wanted my Demag real bad, but I decided to keep it, so I sold him a 250 at a great deal because he wanted one. Just found out he is selling it on Ebay for 3 times for what I sold it to him for. Beware of selling to so called fellow 1/6ers...
  8. thetoysurgeon

Calling all photoetchers!

I am in dire need of these US latches. I need hundreds. Any photoetechers want a job? If this is in the wrong heading, admins, please feel free to move to proper location. Anyone have any info on this latch, like broken down latch pics?
  9. thetoysurgeon

Joelanta Goodies, Part 2

I did finish 7 of these and took them to Joelanta this year. I made them from scratch with Dragon guns. I made 2 versions, one from GMC and the the other RIA. Enjoy!
  10. thetoysurgeon

Joelanta Goodies, Part 1

Here are some of the images of what I intended on taking to Joelanta. I ran out of screws so I didn't get to take them. They are being completed now. You get an idea of what they will look like. They represent late war with leather hinges, belts and buckles and rope handles.
  11. thetoysurgeon

What I did on summer vacation.

I have to come to the point where I cannot add pics to SAG anymore using the photo recon and upload features, so I am showing these pics from my FB page showing what I did. I want to thank Hammer for getting me started on this project. I intent to use these in various small arms ammo/tracers...
  12. thetoysurgeon

Things in my head on Memorial Day.

I think of the youth of our nation lying on some battlefield, adrift at sea or on some nowhere beach bleeding to death and being comforted by his medics and mates and I imagine what he is saying or whats going through his mind, "Tell Mom what happened to me" or "Remember me", or maybe " Why" ...
  13. thetoysurgeon

Joelanta 2015 Limited Edition Mg-42 Transit Box

Something I did for Joelanta. See pics at my FB Page "thetoysurgeon 1/6". http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1421478028161399.1073741850.1397606463881889&type=1
  14. thetoysurgeon

Joelanta 2015 Pics

https://www.facebook.com/Thetoysurgeon/photos/ms.c.eJxNkUmOAzEMA3800GJt~;~;9YJhRM51oossW2HpWa0ByzyY4~;vSB60sMIeoFc4ArgReAW6SKMuKE0hyA24heE~;Uds~_gFH5PQDa7A0t0MYyQOj9AF08LAUheGHQGDIjaTFF0QlAdbaEYL9ijKSuDS8CWB0~;RjokCBoGMnDyhcYjflGdO4fyx4YJx~_AUdeo3RLcUru2ubYEz3BYWpow9AeglI9djtPVgyAQESHYte~_zvofZfA...
  15. thetoysurgeon

Joelanta 2015 March 14&15

Two weeks away, see ya'll there I got a booth somewhere.
  16. thetoysurgeon

8.8 cm Tiger I patronenkasten

I wanted to post a project I was contracted to do for an owner of a Tiger I. He has the Mike Stannard rounds and I custom made these to fit. All handmade except the Mike Stannard latches.
  17. thetoysurgeon

Glueing joints?

I need to glue some joints to be able to hold a pose. Does anyone have any experience making the pose permanent or using a glue that is removable for full articulation later or some other fix. Thanks.
  18. thetoysurgeon

Passing of another 1/6er.

I regret to inform the board of the passing my sister, Gretchen Wall Widner. She left this world last Sunday night around midnight in her sleep at 53. The funeral was yesterday. She was into 1/6 because my nephew George, who thinks I am special because of the stuff I do in one sixth and my love...
  19. thetoysurgeon

Cross of Iron Capt. Stransky is dead.

If you are a cross of Iron fan like me you'll be disheartened because Capt. Stransky is dead at 83. Not many left from that cast of a movie way before its time. Oscar winning actor Maximilian Schell dies at 83 | Fox News
  20. thetoysurgeon

2014 Orange Bowl

Clemson beats Ohio State 40 to 35 . Tigers are 2-0 against the Buckeyes. Go Tigers. I am a Clemson alumnus.
Back