• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Market Garden

Anyone who modeled the 105mm Sherman have the 75mm gun available loose?

Probably a long shot, but I am 3D modeling the carriage and detail parts so an accurate turret interior can be produced. My gun has already been modified and installed for the most part; making a 3D model was basically an after thought after creating the Breech, Breech block, recoil tubes...
  2. Market Garden

Making my 3D designs available on Cults

My love of the Dragon Model 1/6th scale kits and what they were missing, created a desire to produce detail items for them. With the rise in popularity of 3D printing, and my membership in the local Make It community, I started learning 3D design. Over the years I have developed models to...
  3. Market Garden

Making my 3D designs available on Cults

My love of the Dragon Model 1/6th scale kits and what they were missing, created a desire to produce detail items for them. With the rise in popularity of 3D printing, and my membership in the local Make It community, I started learning 3D design. Over the years I have developed models to add...
  4. Market Garden

Problem with Newline Minatures

Each time I've made an order with Newline they get slower and slower. But at least they would respond to emails. Now that has stopped as well. Anybody have a phone number for them? E-mails certainly don't work.
  5. Market Garden

A few more Sherman "Pieces"

First up the center turret ventilator motor, fan and duct work, tweeked a time of two but without real measurements I think it is close [/IMG] And a few early model interior lights. Two part 3D model, just have to add the lens and screws to secure the bezel to the housing. [/IMG] Hope you...
  6. Market Garden

Sherman Breech work

I still haven't been able to come up with any blue prints, but have closely studied all the pictures I could, and prepared a STL file on FreeCAD. Today I got a chance to print the breech with charging handle and dry fit it to my gun... Seems a bit too tall; but the only option I had for...
  7. Market Garden

US Tanker Coveralls

Stymied by lack of some data for my Sherman build, I have been working on the crew recently. I had three sets of Dragon US Tanker coveralls, but I always wondered why Dragon only had one button sewn to the pant cuff adjustment. Figuring it was just an oversite, I added a second button to the...
  8. Market Garden

Tweeking Dragon's 5 button GI sweater

I'm sure someone has already done this, as long as Dragon's 5 button sweater has been out, but thought I'd share it anyway. Dragon made a nice 5 button sweater, but I didn't really like the collar very much. Some sweaters were made with the neck portion also knitted, but some do appear to...
  9. Market Garden

3D Printing modification

I haven't been able to find exact dimensions, but I have always wanted to turn a Testors rattle can in to a 5 gallon oil drum. According to one web site for code compliant steel 5 gallon closed head pails the diameter is almost the exact scale. I cut the top out, and replaced it with a 3D...
  10. Market Garden

DiD WW1 button corrosion...

I got into WWI recently after coming across letters from a Great uncle of mine that fought with the 4th IN Div in France. I have picked up Pascal Dubois and Buck Jones, as well as Fritz Ludder. In the case of Dubois and Jones, both have three or four zinc buttons that are covered with white...
  11. Market Garden

Sherman suspension

It has been almost 7 years since I've been able to run a lathe much, but getting back to it. A little slow getting back in the grove, but now that I have my own and it has finally been properly leveled and shimmed I'm hoping I'll be able to get back on my game. I have turned down 12 bogey...
  12. Market Garden

BC 606 Intercom box dimensions anybody?

I know .308 has had some health issues, so not being able to reach him is not unexpected. I made up some BC 606 intercom boxes making guestimates of the size of the original, but looking at them now I'm afraid they are well undersized. I've looked on line and found lots of pictures and...
  13. Market Garden

Manchmal hat man erfolg....

Amazing how long you can search around the internet and not find what you are looking for, and then with a simple change of words...viola! Found some great Sherman details last night: Now these are going to help me a lot! Hope someone else finds them as useful as I :!:
  14. Market Garden

Dragon Sherman - trying to find details for the 75mm cannon mount

Finally got a chance to pick up the Dragon Sherman (as well as the Panzer II, but haven't opened it yet). Really taking my time and enjoying working on it, and see more detailers are shutting down or cutting back. Bummer! Lot of projects I'd love to build but the 1:1 world just doesn't...
  15. Market Garden

Schwimmwagen Issue...search showed nothing

I had started my Dragon Schwimmwagen, but had to interrupt the build when I deployed overseas. When I got back we were in the process of trying to sell our house, so I strarted packing things for moving. As I was packing, just for giggles, I looked back inside the Schwimmwagen project...
  16. Market Garden

Pak 40 Photos for Littletankman

Not sure why I have had such trouble posting, but here's a seventh attempt to repost an old article I did on 21C Pak 40 and tried to upgrade with some of Dirk's fantastic details as well... Detailing 21st Century’s Pak 40 By Mark W. Reasoner 21st Century Toys has released a number of...
  17. Market Garden

Help with painting ethnic head - please

For me it is hard enough trying to paint any face, but I'm trying to capture a WWII photo of my former PLT SGT's father in the Phillipines and I am certainly having problems painting the Philippine figure's face. I had to chop down a figure to get the proper height, which means re-painting the...
  18. Market Garden

Granatwerfer 34 Galler and Questions

I'm surprised I haven't seen individuals posting pictures of their Dragon Granatwerfer 34 model kits, so I guess I'll start a post! I know the dark yellow would be more photogenic for wear - grundge and the like - but I tend to go early war, as it can be depicted for a longer period of the...
  19. Market Garden

Pak crew in Russia - Photo intensive

I've been working to outfit a pak crew and take some pictures, but with no wind blowing out here yesterday afternoon I went ahead and took advantage of the weather and pictured the crew with the finished gear I had and what I could round up for the balance. The crew consist's of the...
  20. Market Garden

First attempt at new Pak 37 barrel

I like a lot of things about DML's Pak 37, but for the barrel and breech. I've been trying to find some more detailed measurements to make my own barrel, but couldn't come up with much but finally jumped off the deep end today. To begin, the round supplied with the gun is either too small...
Back