• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. W

'Rechts!!' Freikorps 1919/20

An absolutely amazing figure from an under represented time period! Great work!
  2. W

Is the ww2 hobby being abandoned?

Sadly, I fear you are right. Our generation (I'm 22) seems to be more interested in this zombie rubbish than in honoring the heroes of the past and remembering their stories. Frankly, I fail to see what rotting, walking corpses have over the 82nd Airborne or the Royal Marines for example. But...
  3. W

What new WW2 figs would you like?

I was just sort of curious what kinds of new figures that my fellow hobbyists would like to released commercially? Personally, a figure that I would be very interested in would be a royal navy/commonwealth rating, with either North Atlantic or Mediterranean gear and kit. A Dutch, Belgian...
  4. W

Making felt hats

Thanks, Tony! This is greatly appreciated!!
  5. W

Hat making Question

Thank you Tony! No, I haven't read your tutorial, but I would be very interested in doing so. Is it on your website?
  6. W

Hat making Question

Hello! I've noticed that several folks have been able to make slouch hats, such as Tony Barton's excellent Aussie in jungle kit. I've tried unsuccessfully to make my own out of felt soaked briefly in boiled water, but have gained nothing but several sheets of hopelessly misshapen felt. What...
  7. W

Serjeant, 1st Dorsets, 231st Inf Bde, 50 (Northumbrian) Inf Div

Once again, a really great figure, AB. :) I love the details in the uniform/insignia. And the poses are really life like. The HS was a good choice: he sort of has an expression that says he's been through some nasty situations in the past and is now entirely unflappable. Really like him! :)...
  8. W

ANZAC Day Tribute

Thanks for viewing, everyone, and for your very kind comments. My photography is up to it's usual standards of mediocrity,but it was a very enjoyable and enlightening project that taught me a lot that you don't usually find in the history books. Hope you all have a lovely day! :)
  9. W

An update! Busy with the 'Nam

Great looking guys, NB! I really like the variety in HS's. Man, do I know what you mean about the trouble of getting a figure just right! :D Nice running in to you again!
  10. W

WIP Ambush at Poteau

Looking great! Can't wait to see him in the completed dio!:)
  11. W

ANZAC Day Tribute

Hereof the are the rest pics. Thanks for looking!
  12. W

ANZAC Day Tribute

Hello All, This is a series of shots that I have just finished in honor of of the brave warriors from Down Under that fought heroically during the World Wars, without whom, victory in both wars would have been impossible. The troops of both Australia and New Zealand got a well deserved...
  13. W

January, 1943, Russia: Rescuing Heinrich

Thanks for viewing, everyone! Your kind comments are warmly appreciated. :)
  14. W

January, 1943, Russia: Rescuing Heinrich

During the fighting to relieve the encircled 6th army at Stalingrad, veteren Feldwebel Heinrich Kruger was wounded in a sharp fight with Russian infantry that wiped his whole section, other than his friend, Schutze Jurgen Knapp. Here, Jurgen is assisting his wounded comrade to safety, just as...
  15. W

Finnish Sergeant, Continuation War

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks! I will be getting the proper helmet for him soon, though finding an '16 stahlhelm that fits is head has been 'fun.' I'm looking for a Lutz Fedder helmet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get.:) Otto was my first German as well, and now he's my first...
  16. W

Finnish Sergeant, Continuation War

I think this guy is finally done! He's a Finnish NCO during the Continuation War around 1942. Again, my photography sucks, but with the real snow coming down for added effect, I couldn't resist! Any opinions or critiques are warmly welcomed. Than you for looking!
  17. W

Gotterdammerung: Budapest,1945 WIP

Thanks for viewing! This is one of my latest bashes, and depicts a cold, tired Totenkopf Division Schutze in the bitter cold of spring during the Budapest campaign 1944-1945. He'll end up in a dio eventually, but it started to snow today so I couldn't resist bringing the 'boys' out for a quick...
  18. W

Ukraine 1943

These guys look great! Lifelike posing and superb settings. Nice work!
  19. W

Finnish Soldier, Winter War, 1939, WIP

Thanks for the words of advice, fellas! I've been having some major computer problems, that and with the holidays and work, I haven't been able to bee on this site nearly as much as I would have liked. So I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The figure is almost finished. I need...
  20. W

Finnish Soldier, Winter War, 1939, WIP

Hi guys! I've always been interested in the Winter and Continuation wars, and noticed that there have been very few figures done on the subject. The figure is a Finnish Sergeant in a regular Jager regiment, though he still needs a lot of equipment and a weapon of some sort. I'm leaning...
Back