• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. A

German Field Graves

Hi all, After several hours of scouring the internet for photographs, I am gonna ask the fellow members for assistance. I am looking for photographs of German field graves where the top of the grave markers were iron crosses. I am trying to see how they made them and what info was on them...
  2. A

Hammer Six

I conducted a large transaction with Dick. He was fantastic to work with and made payment quickly. Communication was very good throughout the entire process. I would deal with the gentleman again in the future!! Steve
  3. A

Questions about 231

Still working on my 231 I got from Gary.....and was wondering if the Puma 234/21 and the 231 had the same wheel configuration and transmission? I am thinking of purchasing an East Coast Armory set and want to make sure it will be accurate... Thanks, STeve
  4. A

Sd Kfz 231....a work in progress

I have been working on the Sd Kfz 231 that I purchased from Gary a few months back. I have spent some money on reference material to make this scratch build as realistic as I possibly can. I have been making the storage boxes on the fenders and wanted them to be functioning ones as well. I...
  5. A

DML next 1/6 Kit, 8.8cm Raketenwerfer 43

Apparently its going to be the 8.8cm Raketenwerfer 43. Not to exited about this one.
  6. A

Opinion on DiD 251

I am requesting honest opinions from owners of the DiD 251. I understand the rear of the vehicle is not entirely accurate, but aside from that, are you happy that you bought it? Thoughts??? Steve
  7. A

SdKfz 234/2 Questions

I just recieved Gary's excellent work (8 Rad) and want to make my version the 5 cm 234/2. Does anyone have a set of schematics of this vehicle where in 1/35 but preferably in 1/6. I need to get panel dimensions and a detailed look at the gun and mantel. Also the hinges that were commonly...
  8. A

Texas G I Joe Show

Anyone from Az going to this show??? Steve
  9. A

Creative Diversions

Is this company still in business? I haven't seen their website in ages but then I saw a thread in another forum stating they would be at the Texas G I Joe Show this coming month. Any info would be greatly apprecaited. I am looking for a US halftrack or Duece and a half. Thanks in advance...
  10. A

German Marking Stencils

Aside from Armorpax's fantastic stencil kits for German and American AFV's, are there any other stencils to be had, say in the US or nearby on the market or after market. I know decals are the other option, just did not know if anyone else makes stencils for armored fighting pieces. Thanks in...
  11. A

My BRA PZ IV

This is the project I have been working on for a little bit now. Finally got settled into the new house and am back to working on my toys (as my wife calls them). This is still a work in progress and only my 4th attempt at modeling. I actually had placed the upper turret shurzen on the tank...
  12. A

FlaKvierling 38

I was wondering if anyone has heard whether or not DML was planning on doing the FlaKvierling 38 since they had the schematics for it on their website a few months back. I know it is a stretch but I was wanting to build one of the BRA PZ IV and make it into a Whirbelwind. Any news would be...
  13. A

6th Panzer Division, II Abteilung/Panzer Reg. 11 Help Needed

I have been searching high and low for photographs of PZ IV's of this regiment, specifically the Ausf H. I have checked my resources at home in my books and have found nothing. I have searched the intenet for several weeks and found different variants but nothing remotely close. I know they...
  14. A

Jeep Towed Artillery Questions

I have been looking online and in reference books I have and am still unable to find the question. I spent several hours looking for information in SAG's archives and still to no avail So I am asking the help of the board. I have seen several photos of Jeep Willey's towing artillery pieces...
  15. A

BrummBar

Battle Ready Armor has a couple prototype pics of a Brummbar...! Looks very nice. I think these would be a good RC piece due to the room for necessary equipment!
  16. A

Hitler Jugend Youth Figure

I was fortunate enough to see a new figure by DiD coming out in the near future. The figure is a Hitler Jugend youth. It is in 1/6 scale but not 12 inches tall. The youth is wearing shorts that are tan in color with a bugel. It really is a nice item and the second 1/6 figure not exactly 12"...
  17. A

Unit Marking Help

I have spent the better part of the last few hours scouring the internet for information on Dr. Bake's unit. I am specifically looking for the unit markings that were on the PZ IV's during the Kursk salient timeframe. I know he was commnading Regiment 11, 6 Panzer Division and have found a...
  18. A

Need some help with mud effect - weathering

Okay, I have been workin diligently on my BRA PZ IV. I have weathered the road wheels and have painted a good portion of the tank itself. What I am having a bit of trouble with and need some help with is on weathering the under side of the tank. I understand the use of grout or using a...
  19. A

PZ IV Jack and mounts???

I am having trouble locating a PZ IV jack and the mounts to connect it to my work in progess. Any help from the SAG would be greatly appreciated. Steve
  20. A

Diamond plates

Does anyone know where to get 1/6 scale diamond plate? Thanks for any information in advance. Steve
Back