• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. kendalljamie

Panzer II Guidance Please

Hi guys, It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted here. Went through a divorce and haven’t had much time for my various hobbies. Getting back into 1/6 and N scale model railroading with my kids. I have a few projects on the bench. A mostly complete DAK Kubelwagen, a 30% finished DAK...
  2. kendalljamie

Iron Sky Film

Well, just wasted an hour and a half watching this filth. Started out ok, but just kept getting worse. It's stupid and it sucks. Juvenile words to describe a juvenile movie. Jamie
  3. kendalljamie

Help identifying vehicle

Hi guys, Saw this on World at War: Desert. Does anyone know what it is? Also let me know if you can actually see the image. Uploaded from my phone via photobucket app, and not sure if it's working right. Thanks, Jamie
  4. kendalljamie

Looking for Kdf Type 87 photos

Hello guys, I'm looking for some pictures of Kdf Type 87's being used in North Africa. I have spent countless hours searching the interweb for such pictures with no luck. I see plenty pictures of scale models of Afrikakorps beetles and I have to wonder where the photographic evidence is hiding...
  5. kendalljamie

Steyr 1500A in the works from ToyModel...

Got an email from William at ToyModel this morning. Here's what it said: No pics as of yet, but I'm anxious to see how this one turns out. I'll be keeping an eye on the website. Jamie
  6. kendalljamie

Marwencol Documentary on Netflix

Hi guys, Browsing Netflix the other night I came across a documentary on Mark Hogancamp's Marwencol. Marwencol was the last place that Sgt. Takanashi, the 1/6 scale traveling ambassador, visited. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to soon. I'm not sure if the link will work, since I had to sign...
  7. kendalljamie

Dornier Do 17 news story

Hi guys, Thought this might interest some of you and it ties in with Harold's thread about the RAF pilot photo: Nazi warplane lying off UK coast is intact - Yahoo! News Jamie
  8. kendalljamie

Great LED Supplier

If anyone needs LED lights for a project I recommend this company: Hobby LEDs for Model Trains, RC, Diecast - Home I ordered six of the 3mm warm white LED's for my kubelwagen project and they look great. I originally placed the order for five lights and realized i needed one more. Sent the...
  9. kendalljamie

Kubelwagen Canopy Frame Measurements?

Hi guys, I'm looking for any drawings or measurements of kubelwagen canopy frames. Thanks in advance for any help. Jamie
  10. kendalljamie

R/C Kubelwagen Build

I was finally able to acquire a suitable RC donor car so I could get started on my kubelwagen. I'm using a Tamiya Gravel Hound. It's a 4wd buggy but I'm leaving the differential gears and axle shafts out of the front. Been working on it for a couple of days and I've got the front and rear axle...
  11. kendalljamie

Excellent vehicle drawings

Don't think I've seen this posted here before. I have contacted the owner for permission to enlarge some of the drawings. He's from Germany and a real nice guy. Had no problems gaining permission to reproduce them for personal use. Besides the German ones, there are also a large number of Allied...
  12. kendalljamie

Fritz Eastwoody

So my 4-year-old son is playing in his room a couple nights ago and brings this guy into the living room for me to see. He says he put the helmet on him because he couldn't find his cowboy hat. I got a laugh out of it, thought I'd share. Jamie
  13. kendalljamie

LW Field Division Jacket Question

Does anyone know if the Luftwaffe Field Division splinter jacket was worn by the Hermann Goring Division in Sicily? Thanks for any replies, Jamie
  14. kendalljamie

German E-tool question...

My DX'06 motorcycle is missing the shovel for the sidecar. Were they the same thing as the E-tools, or something altogether different? Thanks, Jamie
  15. kendalljamie

DX'06 BMW repaint (New pics added)

Got bored today and figured I should do something constructive, so I took the bike apart and repainted it with some Krylon camo paint I had laying around. Been wanting to do this since I got the bike 3 years ago, but was too afraid I would break the polystone. It still needs license plates and...
  16. kendalljamie

Vacu-Forming questions...

What is the thickest styrene that can be vacu-formed? I'm wanting to use .060 or .080 to make the fenders for a project I'm working on. Also, could pink foam be laminated together and then carved into a master for vacu-forming parts, or is it not strong enough? Thanks, Jamie
  17. kendalljamie

MB L1500 A reference books?

I apologize for asking so many questions lately, but I value the knowledge and expertise of the members here, so I turn to you when I hit a roadblock in my own research. My question is are there any books that have good reference pictures and/or drawings of the Mercedes-Benz L1500A? I have only...
  18. kendalljamie

Scale Drawings of a Horch 108 Type 40?

Does anyone know where to get scale drawings of a Horch 108 Type 40? It doesn't matter what scale, so long as they can be enlarged to 1/6. Thanks, Jamie
  19. kendalljamie

LW Field Division Jacket pattern?

Does anyone know where a pattern for the Splinter LW FD jacket can be found? Thanks in advance. Jamie
  20. kendalljamie

Paint Color/Brand on this kubelwagen?

Hi all, I saved this pic to my computer some time ago for reference purposes and don't remember where I found it. My question is this: Does anyone know what color and brand of paint was used for this and also who built this amazing model? To whoever built it, if you are a member here, it's a...
Back