• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. T

Sdkfz-Jag34

Here's wucha get when you pair a Desimone T-34 with some shipping boxes, Plumbing PVC, Styrofoam and a pool stick. Add some Electoronics (Thanks Brad!) and I present the Sdkfzwtf-Jag34.... All the paint was off-the-shelf spray cans. I'll post somemore pics once my son gets home...
  2. T

Any info on these?

Just picked these up recently. Looked around but haven't found much 1/6 references to 'em. Any info such as what figures they were used with, manufacturer, or any other information would be appreciated. Thanks, http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/tpa05/media/USNG-2.jpg.html...
  3. T

StuartKampfwagen via local Hardware Store

Well, I needed some Germans to chase around the backyard. Problem is that while the Stuarts (in the past anyway) were still reasonably priced, the guys-in-grey are just a little too expensive. So, with a little imagination, some time spent staring at German tanks on my computer (ok, and a...
  4. T

German Tank Ammo question(s)

Ok, not sure why I was given a time out but after getting what I thought were some pretty informative replies to my question(s) regarding tank ammunition my thread simply disappeared. If I'm being sent to the principals office, at least let me know what I did wrong.... John (the guy in the...
  5. T

Thanks FOA

Knock Knock! Who's there? The Mailman! ...Yup, the mailman holdin' a box with a brand new Field of Armor Tiger Cupola, Swing Arm and Commander's Hatch. Got a Tiger a while back but had some problems with the original and, just like he said he would, I got some new one's in the mail! Thanks...
  6. T

External phone sets for tanks

Hey guys, Just trying to get some information (pictures?) of externally mounted phone communication sets that (I've read) were mounted to the rear of Stuart and Sherman tanks. Any information would be appreciated. John
  7. T

How NOT to build a 250

Ok, I've been looking at all these incredible examples of 250's, 251's and other 1:6 vehicles and have come to the conclusion that I really have no clue what I'm doing. Tonight's example - I came home anxious to sand down my now hole-and-crack-filled 250 only to find out that choosin' Silicone...
  8. T

Quick 250 question

Did the four front panels (top and side of hood) on the sdkfz 250 ever have handles? Tryin' to make one R/C and will need to remove the top two in order to access the inside. It would be a whole lot easier if there were handles to hold on to. Haven't found any pics that showed 'em but it...
  9. T

R/C Books for Beginners

21st Kubelwagen conversion to RC Hey guys, Edit Note - this thread was first written asking for book(s) on R/C and thanks to the help of members here I've received some pretty good links on where to get info. Hope I'm not breaking any SAG rules by changing the content of the original posting...
  10. T

MP44 Pouches - Proper loading and wearing

Hello all, Just wanted to know both the proper loading and wearing of the Left/Right MP-44 pouches. Ok, I have two sets of MP-44 pouches (one plastic/molded and another cloth). And with this, I know that I could (especially in the case of the plastic/molded set) simply look at how the curve...
  11. T

Hanging/storing a Teller Mine outside a vehicle

Hello all, I'm in the process of building several German WWII vehicles (a tank and a 250) and thinking of what to add to the outside in terms of gear. I have a Dragon Teller Mine and would like to place it outside but I'm thinking is that something that they'd (German soldiers) would actually...
  12. T

Using an Aztek sprayer with an Central Pneumatic generator?

Hello all, Want to get back into painting with a sprayer (and not with a can). In the past with model airplanes and vehicles I've used an Aztek model 4702 and along with a can of Testors pressure propellant I got the job done. After a while this got expensive and so I later purchased a...
  13. T

Dimensions - Measurements for Jack Block

Hey guys, What would the (approx) 1:6 Measurements (dimensions) be for the Jack Block Box found on the sides of Panthers and other German Tanks? Also, if this thread belongs in the Tank/Armour section just let me know. Thanks, John
  14. T

Stencils for German Tanks?

Hello All, In the process of (trying anyway) to convert an R/C Stuart into a German tank. Would like to try painting the numbers on the side but can't find any 1/6 scale stencils in the German-type font. I saw a stencil sheet for US vehicles but nothing for German. Any help would be...
  15. T

Color - German Helmets and Tanks?

I'm hoping to repaint some German paratrooper helmets. They're currently painted beige/sand (DAK) and I'd like to paint them the "regular" grey color used in the ETO. Can anyone tell me what the name of the color used in the helmets? Also, what is the "typical" grey used to paint the...
  16. T

Drought in paratrooper uniforms

Hello all! New here and this is my first post. I've been a member of another post and continued to see this one referenced and was referred here by another member. I'm relatively new to the 1:6 world as I've been collecting/building/breaking figures and vehicles in the 1:18th. Recently I've...
Back