• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. O

SAG 14th Anniversary - and announcement

This is very sad news. I'm going to try but I really do Hate Facebook.
  2. O

M8 Armored Car

Yes having proper wheels or track links are a major factor in whether I move forward with a project. Eventually my desire to build something means I have to compromise in order to proceed. Thus my Archer and Cromwell both have Panzer IV links. Some of my Armored cars have wheels that are close...
  3. O

M8 Armored Car

Here the new model is with my old G.I. Joe Armored car. It had been sitting on loan in a local Military Museum for a few years and I pulled it out and swapped it for a better model. I tried to sell it on ebay and nobody wanted it. It is going back to the Museum permanently this time...
  4. O

M8 Armored Car

This was the first time I used Paint masks that I found on Ebay. The come from the Czech Republic and are meant for a 1/6 Scale Sherman Tank. I think they look better painted on than using decals. (If you can get them.) [/URL][/IMG] I did just a little airbrush weathering. I think it turned out...
  5. O

M8 Armored Car

When I got back into 1/6 Scale like 10 years back one of the early cool vehicles you could get was the G.I. Joe M8 Armored car. You soon find out that it is way under Scale So I modified mine by lowering the floor and even making a bigger turret so the figures could fit in better. I finally...
  6. O

1/6 Scale Staghound Build

Pictures are working pretty good. I hope you enjoy this project . They are always fun. [/URL][/IMG] [IMG]
  7. O

Now for some pictures of the completed model: I did just some basic markings and some airbrushed weathering.
  8. O

Hopefully a couple more pics before the primer: [/URL][/IMG]
  9. O

[/URL][/IMG] The hatches all open but the model has no interior. The cannon is aluminum tubing. I added as much detail as I could. I think it turned out Ok. I'll keep tryin to add more pics: [/URL][/IMG]
  10. O

Things seam real quiet here lately. Finished my latest project a 1/6 Scale Staghound. Originally it wasn't on my project list but after seeing a couple here I thought I would try and build one from scratch. Of course it is made from Styrene. Lets see if I can get some pictures to load...
  11. O

1:6 nashorn 88 mm self-propelled guns

Using Acrylic would scare me but it sure did turn out nice. Great Job!:!:
  12. O

Canadian Otter Armored Car

Maybe a few more. Hope you enjoy! [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  13. O

Photobucket seems to allow only 3 pictures at a time before it starts copying them so I 'll try to add some in reply threads. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  14. O

Some build pictures. Yes some people don't like styrene but I find it easy to work with. I try to add as many details as I have patience and skill to do. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] ]
  15. O

Time to share my latest project. The Canadian Otter Armored car. It was a more difficult build than I thought it would be with lots of angles. I have built some German Armored cars with lots of angles too but this one seemed more difficult. I think the parent 1/35 model was of lower quality and...
  16. O

Egonzinc Puerto Rico Irma

I live in Bonita Springs Florida and the Eye came right over my house. High winds make an eerie sound. My house is raised up and luckily I had no damage. Just a foot of water in the back yard where my tool shed had the doors blown off. Just got power back last night but no phone or internet...
  17. O

AEC Armoured Car Mark III

Some pictures of the finished model. The 1/35 reference model was from Mini-Art and arrived with one of the sprues missing and a replacement from a mark I or II version so I originally built the model and had to tear off the rear part to make it correct. The rear fenders I know are attached...
  18. O

AEC Armoured Car Mark III

The AEC was a British Armored Car from WWII. A very large armored car it had the same 75mm Cannon as the Churchill or Cromwell Tanks. The Mark III version came out in 1944 and it weighed 15 tons. This build was made almost completely from 1/8" Styrene. The Closest wheels I could find in scale...
  19. O

Tiger I Rebuild

Here are a few pictures of the finished product. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  20. O

Tiger I Rebuild

Everyone likes seeing a Tiger and after seeing so many good ones here I decided it was time to make improvements to mine. This was one of my early 1/6 models. I built it in 2008 I believe back then the ABS Tiger was produced by Rolling Thunder Tech and I think I got this kit off ebay at a...
Back