• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. C

Diamond plate decking?

I'm sorry if this is a late pass, but I'm having trouble trying to find some in 1/6th scale. I found some in 1/24th scale, I was wondering if this would be able to pass off as 1/6th. Thanks in advance guys.
  2. C

Alright fellas, hell just froze over. . .

I'm going to start on my first German. I've found a few German items in my parts bins and I'm gonna stick to Wehrmacht or Fallshirmjaegers in the battle of the bulge. They fought in the BOB right? Or was it just SS and Panzergrenadiers? I will post pictures noting my progress. Also, if...
  3. C

US GI Wool Vest

Hey guys, just wondering if this was ever made in 1/6th. Thanks.
  4. C

Where are the BAR's?

It's December and I still haven't seen the Toys City one or the DML one. Does anyone know the ETA on these?
  5. C

Decal Sheets

Hey mods, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm not gonna get butthurt if you move it. I'm trying to find some decent WWII US style bomber decals preferably 1/24 or 1/32 scale decals. I'm trying to get together some art for my BG M10
  6. C

Has anyone picked up DML's Bazooka set yet?

If you did, post pics. I'm sure there are a few other US collectors that are as antsy as me.
  7. C

Deke D'Amato Helmet cover dimensions?

Does anyone have one laying around that they could give me dimensions for? I had one, but lost it and I need to make another one. I just need to know the Length and Width and the measurement between the holes for the chin strap grommets. Thanks in advance!
  8. C

1/6th Douglas Kay in Military Modelling Figure issue.

I was out at Barnes and Nobel and I was thumbing through the modeling magazines and I found an issue that the author had repainted Dragon's Douglas Kay. I thought I would let everyone know. There's some good tips in there. The author ended up kitbashing and scratchbuilding a few items on the figure.
  9. C

BGT US Greatcoat

How is the fit with this Greatcoat? I was thinking about picking up one. I found an old DML one in my spares box and was disappointed in the fit.
  10. C

Dwinar

Legit guy. Sent me free decals. This guy rules. Buy stuff from him.
  11. C

Those of you that have customized NLM Jump Boots

How did you do it? I've always been unhappy with how thick the sole on these boots are and I was wondering how to give it a more "in scale" look. I love the quality and look of the boot, its just the sole that bugs me.
  12. C

Armorpax US AFV Tool Set

Whats the best way to paint the white metal parts? Thanks in advance for the help guys.
  13. C

M10 Gunner, Belgium 1944 *more pics added!

I'm finally posting a bash. I've been gone most of the summer on tour with my band. I got home about 2 weeks ago and finally got a bash done. I've got a few more things to do to it, but as far as the equipment goes, I'm very happy. Parts breakdown: HS-DML Frank Laird Body-DML Neo Adam (Slimmed...
  14. C

Doc Baker - Broken foot content ?

I just ordered Doc Baker off of Ebay and when I took his boot off, his foot broke off with it as well. My question is, should I email Dragoncare and wait for a new body to come in? Or should I just roll with the punches and buy a new Neo 3?
  15. C

Doc Baker

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking this figure up, is there a photo review anywhere?
  16. C

Is DID's 50 Cal. out of scale?

Cause the damn thing is gigantic.
  17. C

Lefty McGill overalls

I'm using these overalls in a bash that I'm doing, but the the zipper is gigantic, Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix that? Thanks for looking.
  18. C

Tank crew ranks

What were the ranks for an average US tank crew? Did the commander have to the a junior officer? Just curious.
  19. C

Armored insignia question.

Alright, I'm getting around to bashing an M10 crew and 2 armored infantrymen. I'm going to make the crew part of the 705th Tank Destroyer batallion attached to the 11th Armored division. I know that both the crew and the infantry are going to have the 11th Armored patches, but I'm wondering what...
Back