• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Armorpax MG34 AFV Mount's

Pangaea95

Site Admin
In anticipation of my new TC&C SdKfz.250 I have built a set of the Armorpax MG34 mount's for It, a wonderfull kit that was very easy to assemble. I used Crazyglue Gel to glue together, primed and painted with Tamiya spray's. Here are some pic's of the two mount's compleated.
a4a6da35.jpg

c009d560.jpg

f3a38d70.jpg

Great stuff Dave, all I need now Is a 250 to put them on :-P

Randy, those mounts look sweet! I really like the way theyu looik like the front shield and moiuntwas cut out of steel, instead of finely finished edges! And the weld marks really add detail to this as well. You did a great job on the assemblies and painting too.
Great Job!

Those really are nice. All this cool stuff from Armorpax, TC&C, Panzerwerk and others to go along with this new model is fantastic. There are going to be a bunch of these 250's around and most are going to get quite a bit of customization. Can't wait to see the pictures of them start flowing.

Thanks guys :) Once I get the kit I'm gonna evaluate what I want to do, and what I need for parts, then I'm gonna order up a buncha goodies. With all the great high quality accessories available I'm sure we'll see some outstanding projects evolve :)

Hi guys,

glad you like, you may be pleased to hear that the 37mm went off for casting today! There are quite a lot of pre production moulds to do as well as the final production mould so it will probably take at least a couple of weeks to get it all done but I will keep you posted on progress, we are going to try and keep it all in metal but we won't know till the first parts have been spun.

I can't confirm a definite price yet but we are hoping to keep it as near as possible to the Merit Pak, the kit will include the rear MG 34 mount as well,

Hey Cory, itchin for my 250's,

cheers

Dave

DSCN4880.jpg

DSCN4883.jpg

dscn4884.jpg

DSCN4881.jpg

Holy guacamole Dave, If you can keep it in that price range I don't have any choice but to get one. The prototype looks great and I'm looking forward to the production models.

That looks awesome Dave, you folks do some fine metal work, both the Stuart tow hook's and the MG34 mount's are top notch. Right now I have a big smile on my face, my 250 showed up today, and my son and I just opened her up. Gonna do this like the Opel project, but this one shall get compleated LOL Here are the first couple of pic's, as youcan see the boy is very excited, this Is something that he can actualy build with me :)

0e834d49.jpg

15ec14f7.jpg

I'm truly amazed at the quality of this piece for the price, at first glance a bit of It is pre assembled, such as engine compartment door's, and air vent's cover's. The top and lower hull's are assembled as well which make's this alot easier than expected. Haven't yet briefed the instruction's, but am, going to put a bit of research and preperation before I start this kit, during that period I will be priming and painting the base color on all the part's prior to assembley as I plan to glue this together and fill all the gap's as well as removing all the screw area's/tab's from the inner hull at final assembley, and It will be easier to have the inner compartment finish at that point.

Now the question Is, do I do the inner compartment dark yellow to match the rest of the base color, or would It have been a light grey as AFV's with enclosed compartment's? TIA :)

TC&C has them now under "The Other Guy's" In the Armor Hobby's Section. I got my from Armorpax over In Great Brittian,They arrived 5 day's after payment was made, packaged excellent with great instruction's, and the cost's of the product w/shipping was very reasonable. Nice to have another reputable customizer/maker offering decent product with nice customer support, good communication's, with fast shipping, and just an overall good bussiness ethic. Yes some of thier goods are pricey, but they are also amazing piece's. Look forward to doing future bussiness with Dave and the guys at armorpax :)

We are producing more as we speak for TC & C and will get them shipped as soon as possible, all available stock for the next couple of weeks will be going straight to the US,

cheers

Dave

For those of you living in the US and are concerned about purchasing direct from the UK- don't be. I have been buying items from Armorpax ever since I discovered them and my packages arrive in 5-8 days. Never with any problems. So if TC&C is out of stock in the future, do not hesitate to purchase directly from the source ie. Armorpax.

Having bought one of these myself, I can highly recommend them to all. What I would like to ask Dave is if it might be possible to make cradles for the MG42?

Regards,
Bob
Fresno

I may be wrong here Randy..From what I can tell about the interior colors of AFV that early in the war regulations were very tight and were adhered to..I asked this question concerning the interior of the 247..The 247 being an early war piece the interio would only have been the off white/ivory color.As all things German in WWII regulations were very loose as the war progressed..So if a later war version is being modeled then I'd think you could get away with a different color if you wanted..

If anyone has any more reference please let both of us know..

PS looks like the little guy will have a blast building that thing with you...

Back