• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #9 thetoysurgeon

Pangaea95

Site Admin
October 30, 1940

Dearest Mother,

How are you? Things are fine here in France. Not much is going on combat wise but we are kept busy nonetheless. Feldwebel Brandt is all the time making us clean and perform maintenance on our gun. We are constantly working and doing little fighting. I bet that makes you happy. We have the best crew mamma. Many of my new buddies grew up around Trier and it seems like we are on a huge camping trip. All of us miss home and hope this war will be over soon.

1.jpg

Feldwebel Brandt works right along with us helping to move in new munitions for reloading. He always shows us the way and I respect him but can’t stand his incessant yelling.

2.jpg

It takes us several hours to get everything ready to be able to shoot our gun. Dieter, Alfonse, and Herbert try their hand at reloading magazines, while some of the greasemonkeys are performing maintenance on the gun.

3.jpg

Rolf brings the reloading crew empty patronenkasten to fill with loaded magazines

4.jpg

Dieter is loading magazines while Alfonse and Herman unwrap and supply him shells. Its like an factory

5.jpg

Dieter really knows how to load our magazines, seems like I always pinch my fingers putting in the shells, so I quit and let him do it

6.jpg

Alfonse checks our supply of rounds. We use up many in just one attack so its priority that we have ammunition

7.jpg

Wilhelm and Ziggy do all the maintenance on our gun. Today they are going to change out barrels on our gun. We wear many of them out and they must be replenished

8.jpg

Well Mother its time to go… we must set up our gun for firing. Every now and then Englander fighters strafe our troops and we must be ready to shoot them down. We must remove the carriage from the trailer. It’s not as hard as it looks, but Feldwebel Brandt wants it done in record time

9.jpg

I need to go and help my buddies now, Got to work some more

10.jpg

Everything is ready now and my rangefinder beckons me. Until next time . All my Love!

Erich

Back