• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

German Winter Overwhite uniform

fusilier1944

Company Commander
So it's getting to be winter again in Buffalo (yay thundersnow and 4 day weekend) and I decided that my Germans needed some winter camouflage. I'm far too lazy to make reversible parkas (and why buy when I can make?). Figured these were the easiest route to go. I based my patterns off of this pic I found at AtTheFront Militaria, but I believe Dragon produced something like this with their Ski Jager Christian. Figured I'd share my Pattern. There is a left/right front (A/B), a back panel (G), the sleeves (C/D), and the hood pieces (E/F). The red dashes are to show seams/cuffs. If it's got a double, slashed letter that means you need two pieces. Everything is symmetrical. Dimensions are in USCS. (ATF image, then my pattern)
atf_guni_owhite_top.jpg

WinterUni_2.jpg

Remember to leave a bit of fabric, say 1/8" to 1/4" around the lines when you cut so that you have something to sew (or glue)! I'll post pics of mine when I get my camera back from the friend I lent it too...

EDIT: made some adjustments to the hood (overall height is 2.5" still, but I had that layer turned off for some reason) and added the stitch lines for the waist belt.

That is really great. I think even someone like me might be able to attempt this. Thank you VERY MUCH :!:

5000 points awarded ...... just kidding :-P

Well here is a pic of my winterized Lt. Falkner in over jacket and pants:
100_9944.jpg

A really blurry pic of the jacket (I'm not sure if there was a drawstring at the lower hem but I like it there):
100_9940.jpg

The pants:
100_9939.jpg

and the pattern for the pants:
WinterUni_Pants.jpg

All the legs are of the same shape. You'll need two as the one is shown (angle on right) and two reversed (the angle is on the left). I sewed the two sets of two leg pieces together each on their outside seams. Sewed the hems at the bottoms. Then sewed these two sets together at the seat/rear. Next sewed the top hem across all 4 pieces. (This is basically what is shown in the pattern picture). Then sewed the front crotch area together. Finally sewed the legs shut on the inseams. Hope this makes sense, wish I'd taken pictures but words will have to do....

Been messing around with this stuff lately. Figure that once I get a pattern that works, go with it.

Gebirgsjager Anorak:
Winter_anorak_GJ.jpg

Sniper Smock:
SNIPERSMOCK.jpg

Simple Overwhite Jacket with Pockets:
winter_uni_mit_poche.jpg

Update of my original Jacket:
Winter_uni_A.jpg

I finally figured out a hood shape that works. It sews well and looks good. I recommend printing the hoods out to scale and using them as templates.
HOODS.jpg

These can all be made in white. The GJ could be done in white/green reversible; the sniper smock would be white/camo reversible. For the reversibles I usually just go with one color and use the other at the hems/cuffs/inside hood. Once I get around to doing more I'll actually go through and do a tutorial on making each one. There are quirks to each that make it easier to sew if you do things in a certain order or use fabric glue to hold shapes while you sew. Fun times and happy sewing....

Back