• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Help I can't post pics !

Tigertiki

Mortarman
Can anybody help me how to post / upload pictures. The only way i managed is to upload one by one as attachement it takes like 5 min/pic. What methods are you using ? Or my settings are not enabled to do ? I resized all mi pictures with picasa exports and still..:confused:

I upload my pics to my free photobucket account then post the (

Thanks for the answers, i can upload somewhere and just link it, but what it happens when someone leaves with some reason and quits his photo hosting account then we will just see "photo not available" So it would be better if we just could store our photos on the site these becoming the property of Sixth Army Group and while it exists (hopefully for long) all the topics and replies will be functional.. With picasa can be downsized quite easy and upload it in some album and just use it .

I have the same problem. I can upload the pics as thumbnails to my postings, but how to attach these in full size?

It is written in FAQ that "you can click the arrow next to the attachment icon and select it from the list..."

I can see the attachment list, but no arrows next to them.

I have tried also to link the URL of my photo hosting to the appropriate window but this doesn`t work either.

If someone could write a step by step tutorial of how to attach pics to the postings, and not only in FAQ, that would be a great help.

It can't be that hard, if a bunch of guy's who play with dolls can do it, why can't I ?
p7050001.jpg

I do not have trouble posting pics in threads but I can't get any to post in my album if I actually have one not sure if I made an album correctly.

I can't seem to be able to post photos. I go to the start new thread, hit enter a couple of times to get a place for the photo. click on the little mountain / sky icon above, copy in the direct link from photobucket,

and

nothing...

any suggestions?

Okay, think I've got it. thought I needed to click on the icon then put in the link, but it worked by just inserting the link into the post.

Thanks
Leonard

Last edited:
I can't seem to be able to post photos. I go to the start new thread, hit enter a couple of times to get a place for the photo. click on the little mountain / sky icon above, copy in the direct link from photobucket,

and

nothing...

any suggestions?

Thanks
Leonard

I have a PhD and have been using computers since 1967, but I cannot figure out how to upload photos here. Somebody obviously knows the trick. Please share it! :mad:

OK,

Try this: Don't use the 'Insert Image' button of the forum-editor.

Instead, just copy & past the 'IMG code' text from Photobucket (see below) into the forum-editor and click 'Preview Post'.

demo.png

That's how I added this picture (which I first uploaded to PB).

Good luck!

I think Gary is talking about uploading the files to the SAG server, not using an offsite picture host.

Gary, I will see what I can do to put something together. Kind of busy at the moment, so may be a little while.

I think Gary is talking about uploading the files to the SAG server, not using an offsite picture host.

Gary, I will see what I can do to put something together. Kind of busy at the moment, so may be a little while.

Correct.
Why doesn't somebody who has uploaded many pics come forward? I saw somebody had over 500!

Back