• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Its been a while! Body Reccomendations

giben

Rifleman
Hey guys,
Just come back after a 12 year absence! Can believe the last I logged in was 6/9/10.
Anyways I'm slowly getting back into the hobby and I have loads of uniforms stored up from the early days. Cant believe how pricy things are now, and sad to see DML have gone under pretty much.
Anyways, Im after good cheap bodies and heads. a lot o my DML figures are failing at the joints due to brittle plastic som I'm trying to preserve them the best I can, and also get some of the stored uniforms on display.
It seems most of the bodies now are based on hot toys?
Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Welcome back !! Glad to hear your interest in 1/6th has returned. And yes, prices are steep. Cyber-Hobby has been offering old sets, less bodies, called Action sets: https://www.cyber-hobby.com/collections/1-6 , not the cheapest, but at least you can get stuff you may need or missed out on.

As for bodies, been staying with DML types. I search loose part dealer, e-bay or trade with other 1/6th'ers. I haven't had to many bodies break apart. Shelf drivers mostly. One real issue with body part failures, have been the wrist joint breaking where the hand is pinned thru. Repaired most by using epoxy putty and shaping a new wrist joint. Been working pretty good.

ZYtoys may be one to check out. They offer figures with different heights. Seem to run $20-to-$25 US$. Some versions have a DML neck post.

Glad to see your return here

Back