• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

It's hard sometimes in this hobby.

Should girls get a hard time in this hobby? (just for fun)

• Yes naturally. Go away girly girl!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Daren't say that coz she's got panzers that fire carrots and stuff!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To be a girl.

Seriously it's not a joke.
I also build 1/48th tanks and planes and I must say on Track48 they are terrifc towards me and don't treat me like I'm stupid.

A few years back I went to Hannants in Collingdale, London. I usually go with my partner coz he does 48th too. (That is how we met at a model club, I was going out with his best mate at the time and he invited me along, he thought it would be great to have a female modeller as a member. [I was doing Star Wars kits and other science fiction models] )

Sorry I digressed. Anyway in Hannants I asked a question about a Bf109 E4..I wanted some etch for it and the guy behind the counter replied to Matt! Unbelievable.

I've also had customers when I worked in a model shop ask to speak to the manager about a kit rather than me. He turned round and said don't ask me..she's the one who knows about planes and ships.

Back to the present.
I have found the assistants in Modellers Loft a breath of fresh air and always listen to my requests or quiries.

Unfortunately on a couple of other sites to do with 6th scale I have been ignored even when one of my questions was simple.
(I'll ask some of you soon and mebbe you can help me?)

Anyhow I'm not bitching. I just want to illustrate what a struggle I have sometimes.

Love,
Amber X X X

Hi PB, welcome to SAG.

I'm all for women (my mother was one), and it's good to see a person of the female persuasion interested in what are typically male-dominated hobbies.

Having said that, I suppose living near Aberyswyth means there isn't a whole lot else to do? :D

Welcome APB- I think you'll find this is a pretty good group of folks, speaking as a relative newby. My main 1/6 pal is my 6 year old daughter (my wife and son are more into sport) and she appreciates a good kitbash as much as anybody here!

As I have found, the only questions that get flamed here are ones that you could have answered with a 10-second internet search, and even most of those don't get flamed.

Bigdee

I don't believe you will or should receive a hard time here. I do however think it will be entertaining to watch the majority of the membership fall all over themselves trying to impress one of the few female members we have.

Welome! I don't think you'll be treated with any disrespect here. Bunch of good people here.

Mark.

Grüß Gott Panzerhäschen (Panzer Bunny in German),

Herzliches Willkommen bei 6. Armeegruppe! Good to have you on the forum to help balance out all us males! As a father of two little girls, it's nice to see women venturing into this hobby. I look forward to your insights.

I do some R&D for Dragon/Cyber-Hobby and they have several women that design the figures that we are buying.

Mit einem kameradschaftlichen Horrido!

Anyone who is creative and a bit of a history buff is all right. Welcome aboard, Amber!

Nah, I'm just joshing girly girl, don't go away. :-P

Yeah, that's exactly what this place needs, no girls and bunch more middle aged scale model nerds.

Don't worry Lightning Sword. I like a bit of teasing..besides I asked for it *giggles*

Thank you all, I guess we have turned the corner as far as girls and modelling goes. Which is a good thing since we are buying the figures too that improves sales and that means manufacturers will make more (Just heard Matt groan behind me!)

Back