• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Lorraine(f) 105mm self propelled howitzer

azazel526

Marksman
Recently I took some time off to build a German 105MM self-propelled howitzer using a captured French L37 tractor chassis, which has a full internal structure. My next project is the Marder I tank destroyer, which makes full use of the L37 chassis modeling drawings. Finally, I took a photo of all the 105MM self-propelled guns in my hand. So far, the number of this artillery group has reached 3, so I have to equip the artillery observation vehicle. Artillery observation vehicles will be released in a few days:rock::rock::rock:

170212sdzxfbhzjff3xftj.jpg

170220r39uzn3yfyepcehm.jpg

170220gxuannundxpdiiza.jpg

170221isuzjgszuqh3p0jo.jpg

170221lyc193jydfbdbq0l.jpg

170222upcr7nstczpva3ft.jpg

170222slget3non4tltlo4.jpg

170223oeco9o6u49o9ff97.jpg

170223qx4z227dx99h27h9.jpg

170223slpzllqtd7l77c73.jpg

170224av437cclupcxbwcx.jpg

170224smu3bkg5hzk3ikkl.jpg

170236wumz2myof522kf7g.jpg

170236f665kfmpfk4q0l0r.jpg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/202201/06/170236yd9hg7hhhduuql9l.jpg

170237xggi0vgoo36v0bv7.jpg

170237osmmsj4mt11s8stw.jpg

170238tp9ma92o9wm81p29.jpg

170238ta5ip56pbzzau5i0.jpg

My god! Those are glorious! How did you fabricate the guns? Is everything fully scratchbuilt, or did you use some kits as the base.

Just stunning work in either case.

My god! Those are glorious! How did you fabricate the guns? Is everything fully scratchbuilt, or did you use some kits as the base.

Just stunning work in either case.

I used SOLIDWORKS to model the vehicle shell, MAYA to model the details of the parts, CAD to edit the car body plate model, acrylic plate cutting, and then spliced into the car body. Other parts are made using 3D printing technology

azazel, if I may ask, how do you: use SOLIDWORKS to model the vehicle shell? I went to the site and had no luck in finding a way to get a vehicle shell. Do you draw up plans and have someone make the vehicle shell? Or have someone make the plans and you do a 3D print of the vehicle shell?

azazel, if I may ask, how do you: use SOLIDWORKS to model the vehicle shell? I went to the site and had no luck in finding a way to get a vehicle shell. Do you draw up plans and have someone make the vehicle shell? Or have someone make the plans and you do a 3D print of the vehicle shell?

I have a friend who is good at using SOLIDWORKS, and I hired him to help me complete the modeling of the vehicle shell through outsourcing. Sometimes he is also responsible for the modeling of wheels and tracks. Then I cut the vehicle shell plates using acrylic and put them together. Then I used MAYA to model the parts needed for the internal construction, all of which required full communication and accurate coordination. The way you try to download 3D models of cars from websites, this is not going to work. Those 3D models had various problems and were almost impossible to modify, plus the entire vehicle was not practical to print, PLA printing was too rough and not suitable for complex shapes. The cost of photosensitive materials is very high, and the material strength is very poor, can not bear the weight, for a long time will be deformed or broken, so the main material or choose acrylic, ABS plastic or metal

Thank you for the reply Azazel. It looks like the process is way beyond my capabilities. And way more involving than I realize. Your builds are incredible and hope to see more of them. :!:

Back