• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Sparky's 222

No matter how many times I see these pictures, I am always awed by Art's dark talents! This vehicle remains one of the coolest things I have seen in this hobby :cool:

Damn that's a nice vehicle!

I agree that no matter how many times I see it, I don't get tired of looking at it.

Since I don't have a tenth Sparky's talent for scratchbuilding, I can only hope the guys who made the 250 will make one of these too.

Brandon

Another SUPERB work of Art!!!

Art's use of bolts is really inspring...I love how this baby is put together like the real deal and able to be taken apart and repaired...it "one ups" all us glue heavy builders. ;)

Thanks guys, the comments are really appriciated. The Camo was done for me by Jon Math. And the 20MM main gun was custom made for me by Dennis the "Toy Surgeon". The shovel was something that Steve from Panzerwerks sent me a long time ago and I just added the wooden dowel handle. Dennis also makes the Jacks on the fender. I just copied his block into a smaller size to fit the area that I wanted to sit on. Also, all the hatches, vision ports and engine covers are fully functional with the help of Panzerwerks Armoured hinges with very little effort.

Hopefully my next project will come out as well a this.

And thanks to my friend Jack for shooting and posting the pics for me.

Sparky,

The 222 is simply breatehtaking. Being somewhat new to the Forum, I am slowly learning whos who and I have to say this is one magnificent piece of work. I have a picture of it posted on the home page of my website. Now that I know who made this gem, is it okay for me to post this pic? I cannot tell you how many people have commented on it already.

Check it out at: www.Steeldragons.net
and let me know what you think.

FooFighter, Welcome to the Board. You sure can use the pics of it, I only ask one thing. Credit Jack Cherry for the pics Please. And thanks for the compliments. Your gonna see a whole bunch of talented guys here at the SAG. Enjoy them all !!!!

Richard (FooFighter), I checked out your site and am impressed with what your doing with it. It now lives in my favotites list and hope to see more in the future.

Thanks so much Sparky for the kind words and support. THe site is intended to promote the efforts of one sixth AFV craftsmen and enthusiasts. I am more than happy to add Jack Cherry to the list of credits justly deserved. Stay tuned to the site for more information. The Steel Dragons One Sxith Club is growing fast with members all across the US and Uk. Always interested in new recruits.

Thanks again!

FooFighter

Richard

Back