Sixth Army Group

Sixth Army Group (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Quarters (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   MG34/42 Sling? (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8257)

1stlooey 01-10-2008 11:40 AM

MG34/42 Sling?
 
Hey guys,

Has anybody made a custom MG34/42 sling? I'm not happy with the accuracy of the (older) DML one and I'm thinking about making one.

I was looking at this page: MG42 stuff

Ed

Dougmo 01-10-2008 11:50 AM

I did, Ed - I used brass tubing, plastic and wire for the new linkage on the handgrip and re-cut leather for the sling.
I can dig up the old post if you want it-

1stlooey 01-10-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougmo";p=&quot (Post 104675)
I did, Ed - I used brass tubing, plastic and wire for the new linkage on the handgrip and re-cut leather for the sling.
I can dig up the old post if you want it-

Thanks, I'd love to see it. Were you happy with the result?

1stlooey 01-10-2008 01:46 PM

Found it.

DAK MG 34

panzerknacker 01-14-2008 04:10 AM

What about sparebarrel carriers? That is one needed item that has been missing for ages

B.C.Ries 01-14-2008 04:37 AM

Single barrel carriers have been around before, I have extras. Two barrel carriers are a missing item that needs to be made.

antonifeldon 03-06-2008 09:16 AM

Re: MG34/42 Sling?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stlooey";p=&quot (Post 104673)
Hey guys,

Has anybody made a custom MG34/42 sling? I'm not happy with the accuracy of the (older) DML one and I'm thinking about making one.

I was looking at this page: MG42 stuff

Ed

Positive. I make this sling: handsewn heavy hide & original hardware.
$50.00 + shipping
www.hetmanmilitaria.com
Antoni Feldon

Pangaea95 03-06-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Two barrel carriers are a missing item that needs to be made.
I have been patiently waiting for years for one of the major manufactures to release one of these, would be a great addition to the collection :!:

Dougmo 03-06-2008 02:45 PM

A question:does the new metal DID MG 42 have the correct strap and linkage?
If you have to make your own, the linkage is a bit tricky but with a selection of brass tubing sheet styrene and some patience you can so it-
If Antoni has a good sewn strap and the correct linkage, $50 might be a reasonable price for such a time-consuming task.

Kev Longino 03-06-2008 03:27 PM

I think that the $50 is for a 1:1 sling , having looked at the pics?

Dougmo 03-06-2008 03:39 PM

I think you're right, Kev...either that or it's the perfect 1/6 sling!
It's a good reference for scratch-builders of the sling-


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 AM.

vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2005 - 2015 www.sixtharmygroup.com