View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:08 AM   #15
SteveKrieg
Company Commander

Re: Project - Wehrmacht horsepower - Field kitchen

G'day all,

Just another quick one. Save for some incoming hinges (to affix the central firebox door) and some fittings for the horse harnesses, the field kitchen and limber are pretty much complete. Now the fun of pulling out a couple of cooks, some infantry and a few food-related odds and sods to complete the diorama.

I went into this particular project thinking there's only so much I could do however the more I delved into the finer points of detail the more I found I could put into it and anyone out there who has a 'Toy Models' all-metal field kitchen and limber combo should not fear as the skies the limit on what can be done with it in terms of detailing despite the fact there are - much like the DML variant - some minor inaccuracies (nothing new I guess in that regard) but we work them accordingly.

There'll be a bit of a pause now whilst I await and construct the parts on this one so I'll push on with my next 'cab off the rank' and update this thread once complete. The next project in-line with German mobility during WW2 is my all-metal TAOWAN winter white-wash Sd.Kfz250/1 which will also feature in this year's (finger's crossed) model show. A separate thread will cover this build (one I've had covered on a shelf since 2012) which will include a full repaint and detail of the exterior in whitewash and livery of the GrossDeutschland Div and the same for its interior. Enjoy, Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 170650447.jpg (153.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 170650448.jpg (114.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 170650449.jpg (146.5 KB, 11 views)
SteveKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote