Thread: 3-D Printing
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #8
The_Dutchman
Company Commander

Re: 3-D Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder Tech View Post
Dutchman, looks like I'll need to spend time to learn the 3-D programs. Looked up Fusion 360 and it appears to be free for one year, assuming I qualify and then there is a subscription cost. Is there another version of the program that is a free download without a time limit?
Leonard
Leonard,
From the autodesk website:

Qualification details
Fusion 360 is available for free personal use for individuals who are doing home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects.

Individuals must be learning for personal use, outside of a company environment, commercial training, outside of their primary employment.

Individuals must be engaged in hobby businesses* or creating YouTube videos, blogs or other web content.**

*Individuals with “hobby businesses,” generating less than $1,000 USD in annual revenue, are exempt from the non-commercial requirement, thus for the free, personal use of Fusion 360.

I'm not really knowledgeable in 'legal english', but the way I interpret it, it means that you are allowed to use Fusion 360 for free if you use if for personal projects OR you do not generate more that $1000 revenue from your designs.

As for which resin printer to buy: wait for the next generation with monochrome LCD panels: they will last longer AND allow for faster printing. The Elegoo Saturn sounds interesting but there will be more printers released this fall.

Last edited by The_Dutchman; 08-21-2020 at 09:50 PM.
The_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote