Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
DALE JORDAN
Mortarman

Ultimate soldier

Is this old news ? A SAG member told me yesterday that he had heard that ultimate soldier are back in with TOYS . R U. STORES. what does this mean ? Will they be doing 1/6 scale jeeps scout cars and stuarts again . Can someone who knows more fill us in . I think this is great for the hobby and long over dew. Dale
DALE JORDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
Der Faust
Tanker

From what I understand 21st is only doing the smaller scale toys. 1/18th will be the largest they do. So don't hold your breath for anything 1/6th vehicle wise.
Der Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
boboman100000
Sniper

No they are doing 1/6 gun sets, walmart is back with them to. 1/6 tanks/scouts dont hold your
Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
USMCWayne
Machine Gunner

Yes, it is sort of old news. There should be a post regarding the news somewhere down the page.

Here's the entire press release, from 21C

http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area2...asp?newsID=266

Edit: I did a quick peek through a few weeks of General Quarters postings, and didn't find anything on the 21C story.

However, I did find this link at the Sixth...

http://p197.ezboard.com/fonesixthnet...cID=6793.topic
Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
M37M880
Company Commander

At this years NYC Toy Fair, I met with two 21C guys, a Cust Rep and a VP at 21C and was pushing 1/6, especially the idea of rereleasing the Scout Car using the idea the nearly every 1/6 guy on the planet has a Stuart and a couple of Jeeps and we all would like to see the WSC issued again.

The VP said that outside of some 1/6 weapon sets that have shown good sales, the poor selling of the Hummer and the 1/9 Abrams has killed 1/6 for 21C.

That is really funny because both those vehicles had issues with no interior and broken road wheels and they act like it's OUR fault sales were poor......

NADA vehicles in the future as far as 21C in concerned.

You never can tell, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you want a WSC or a Jeep, I'd bite the bullet and buy where you can because they are sure never gonna get any cheaper on evilbay.

M37 (TTT)
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 AM   #6
boboman100000
Sniper

true
Old 07-02-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
B.C.Ries
Mortarman

TUS

I wish they would make a US halftrack, They already have the frontend they just need to make the rear tracks and redo the back of the WSC a bit.
B.C.Ries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 AM   #8
DALE JORDAN
Mortarman

Dam shame . The thought of those moulds sitting there collecting dust is wrong . All they need to do is mix up some plastic and away we go , all the hard work is done. Maybe we should throw in $ 100.00 each , and buy the moulds and make or own. Dale
DALE JORDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:03 AM   #9
boboman100000
Sniper

lol
Old 07-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #10
drummerboy
Company Commander

Now there's a good idea. I still don't understand how or why all these companies dropped out because of DML. I know I was certainly keeping TUS in business.
My favorite thing about TUS was the box art. It is the best. Great illustrations. As for the vehicles, its still possible to find a cheap one here and there. I picked up the Stuart for about $80.00 the other day. I agree about the half track though. I still can't locate any of the ones Hasbro released and all the customs go for $300 and over. Its a real shame.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #11
Die Werkstatt
Company Commander

Quote:
All they need to do is mix up some plastic and away we go , all the hard work is done. Maybe we should throw in $ 100.00 each , and buy the moulds and make or own.
As I recall someone here inquired about a special run of scout cars awhile
back and they will do it. The minimum order is 2000 pieces and that is a real tall order to sell with no real distribution system.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #12
Von13
Sniper

I'd sure like to see the Command Car be available again.
Von13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #13
Amber Panzerbunny
Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M37M880";p=&quot View Post
the poor selling of the Hummer and the 1/9 Abrams has killed 1/6 for 21C.
(TTT)
They aren't really a good choice for early issues...I personally hate both, not just models of them but the real thing.
Tamiya, when introducing their range of 1/48th armour started small, a couple of Kubels and a Kett, these were mainly to go with aircraft, so they had sort of captive sales there...what did they do as a first tank? Some obscure/not popular one? No! a Tiger 1. And do you know what's funny?
They sold!
So now we are getting good stuff, even a KV2 since they started with the right sales base right.
Hobby Boss have done loads of great T-34's
Skybow did a great early and late Tiger 1's
We have stugs and Su122's and oh it's marvellous.
Gas-oline do all sorts of conversions and even do a great Maus.

I'm not saying 21st C. Should have done a Tiger but a Panzer II or III or even a Hetzer might just have been the ticket!

"I am not very successful as a little girl, when I grow up, I will probably be a mess."
Amber Panzerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
GI Gene
Sniper

You know what would make me happy? If 21C would release uniform sets again. At least they knew it was a world war....
Old 07-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
Amber Panzerbunny
Rifleman

Ahh they might have but as everyone knows "bad guys" sell...you only have to look at the Star Wars merch to see that..even some of those had the smartest uniforms...just look at the Death Squad Commander!

"I am not very successful as a little girl, when I grow up, I will probably be a mess."
Old 07-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #16
M37M880
Company Commander

I just can't see 21C redoing any of our favorites. As far as 21C is concerned, that ship has sailed.

As a confirmed half-track nut, I have mentioned (at The Toy Fair) to 21C management two years running, the idea of using the WSC front end to make a half-track and also the 1/6 RC Panzer III as a companion piece to the Stuart.

Their response was that the WSC did not sell well and they can't see doing anything further with the WSC molds. As for the P111, they deceided the size of the piece was an issue. They have destroyed the prototype and destroyed the P111 molds.

THEY WILL NEVER MAKE ANY MODEL THAT IS NOT INSTANTLY RECOGNIZED BY THE TOY BUYING PUBLIC. A Stug will never happen in 1/6 by any outfit like 21C as their sales are to the "Little Johnnie will love to destroy this", any the toy must be recognized, not to us, but to the general public who can't tell the difference between a Stug and a Jeep.

I can't tell you how many times adults, even Vets, came up to me with my 1/1 CC, and trying to be nice said "Great looking Jeep", and while standing next to our 1/1 White half-track, they come up and tell their kids, "Look Little Johnnie, a tank"

Sad but true.

M37
Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #17
Sigwald
Rifleman

"THEY WILL NEVER MAKE ANY MODEL THAT IS NOT INSTANTLY RECOGNIZED BY THE TOY BUYING PUBLIC"

Some creative advertising perhaps, jump on the Transformers bandwagon maybe; how about a Hummer that folds out into a 1/6th Pz IV?
Sigwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Amber Panzerbunny
Rifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigwald";p=&quot View Post
"THEY WILL NEVER MAKE ANY MODEL THAT IS NOT INSTANTLY RECOGNIZED BY THE TOY BUYING PUBLIC"

Some creative advertising perhaps, jump on the Transformers bandwagon maybe; how about a Hummer that folds out into a 1/6th Pz IV?
Got to be better than a transforming Millennium Falcon and as for the transforming Uncle Darth's TIE Fighter *Ick*
That makes me really swear!