"Get up here!"

"I guess we just volunteered for something!"

The four men move out.

"OK men..."

"We're getting close. Keep your eyes peeled!"

"Yes, sir!"

Carefully they creep forward:

They get behind some cover:

Some of you saw the “test run” thread I started a couple of weeks ago, where I was scoping out an area near my house for outdoor photo shoots. TEST RUN I decided not to use that area, for 2 main reasons: lack of privacy, and the general consensus that it looked too much like a desert. (Does anybody make 1/6 camels?)

At the entrance to my neighborhood, there’s a 10-acre parcel that is currently just a wooded area left over from the construction of my neighborhood. (It’s for sale if anybody’s interested!) I took the dog for a walk there the other day and found a glade that I thought looked good. These pictures are from that area. I wasn’t too careful as this was kind of a test, so please ignore any orange trees, palm trees, and underground utility flags!

I have been working on my American figures. The four I used here have the most bits done, but of course they’re never “done.” The sergeant is the most “done.” On him, I have done the full body mods I developed, plus: CVI lift-the-dots fasteners in place of the Dragon buttons; customized canteen; weathered DiD M1 helmet with custom swivel bales, but a Dragon liner (I have given up for now on improving the DiD liner - the liner chinstrap just plain sucks, and until I figure out how to do a nice replacement, they’ll sit in the parts bin); and I have finally committed to the 28th ID, thus the CVI helmet decal and shoulder flash. The other figures have the body and helmet mods, mostly, and the BAR gunner has the CVI lift-the-dots, but the lieutenant and other rifleman still have the Dragon buttons.

The lieutenant is an updated version of a figure I posted last year which represents my father, who served in the ETO. I substituted the Craig figure for the Wiley one, which actually resembles my dad. I’ll be posting more of him some other time.

The last pic was slightly blurred, so I played with it on Picassa.

Sorry there’s no more to the story. Maybe I can come up with a sequel.

Ed
1stlooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
chavaTX
Mortarman

As always, great poses. Good little story also.
chavaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
BlackJak
Machine Gunner

Very cool.

I'm looking forward to not being to busy to do exactly this sort of thing.
BlackJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
DALE JORDAN
Mortarman

Great photo shoot. The figures are amazing . My new armortek sherman would look nice along side your men . I have just started to collect some US figures at the moment I have Bobby. Cory, Josh , I think and can get hold of Tab 101. Can some tell me if he is any good ? And which other figures can you suggest that I buy as crew . And tank riders ? Dale
DALE JORDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
Leatherneck
Brigade Commander

Nice photo shoot, Ed!

The pictures are all well composed and the poses look really good, though I do feel a little cheated by the end....
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Leatherneck
Brigade Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALE JORDAN";p=&quot View Post
Great photo shoot. The figures are amazing . My new armortek sherman would look nice along side your men . I have just started to collect some US figures at the moment I have Bobby. Cory, Josh , I think and can get hold of Tab 101. Can some tell me if he is any good ? And which other figures can you suggest that I buy as crew . And tank riders ? Dale
If you want to start collecting U.S. figures, why not do some from the U.S. Army in the PTO? - I don't think anyone is doing that on a regular basis despite the fact that several decent figures are available, and it's your neck of the woods, and they could still ride your Sherman later in the war.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
DALE JORDAN
Mortarman

What does PTO stand for ?? Dale
Old 01-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #8
JTFazz
Company Commander

Quote:
What does PTO stand for ?? Dale
Pacific Theater of Operations... basically US and UK v. Japan

Whilst there was a significant US Army presence in the Pacific, it was a theater primarily fought by Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
DALE JORDAN
Mortarman

Got It !!!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
JTFazz
Company Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherneck";p=&quot View Post
Quote:
If you want to start collecting U.S. figures, why not do some from the U.S. Army in the PTO? - I don't think anyone is doing that on a regular basis despite the fact that several decent figures are available, and it's your neck of the woods, and they could still ride your Sherman later in the war.

John, you will be happy to know I am working on an 11th Airborne bash for the Los Banos raid/rescue mission. Gotta love thos rare PTO airborne operations...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Ed.