Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 12-05-2005, 02:29 AM   #1
Speerz
Platoon Leader

Hasbro Jeep? w/ working cloth top???

Hey, i have a quick question for you guys. My brother came home yesterday, and he mentioned to me "Oh ya, I saw a Hasbro Jeep at K-B Toys today. It had a cloth and working top, and an engine that opens up and you can look inside it. It was green, and I wasn't sure if you wanted it for Christmas. They must have had a pile of 20 Jeeps there that were marked down from $60 to $35. I figured you'd like a couple books instead. I wasn't sure if you'd like another jeep though, so I passed. Do you want a Jeep for Christmas???
First off, it's VERY rare to find Jeeps let alone 1:6 stuff where I lived, and when I heard that I nearly blew my head off. I would've loved another jeep, and I'm praying that when we go back they will still be there ad: I know they get picked up fast here. But to the point, has anyone heard of this jeep? I showed him the 21C jeeps, and he said it wasn't 21C, but Hasbro. Do you guys have any pics of this jeep or a review on it? THANKS!!!
Speerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
johnro6659
Brigade Commander

Have the cashier scan the price I got two the day after Thanksgiving for $19.99 ea and a few weeks before they were $29.99 and during the Orange tag sale if you bought one you got the second at half price. It sounds like the price has gone up from the $29.99 they have been since KB has had them. They came in with the 40th Anniversary sets a couple months ago.
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Bella detesta matribus
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:58 AM   #3
kanowarrior
Machine Gunner

That's the version TRU had that was selling for something like $80 if I recall. I wanted one bad but wasn't willing to pay the asking price. They all disappeared long before any kind of mark down came.

Now that they are showing up at KB's all the local outlets here have been closed up. ad:
kanowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
johnro6659
Brigade Commander

The two I picked up were for friends. I had split one with another friend during the first sale bur even that one was for a friend in Singapore but he wanted a different version. No big deal because I wanted a Jeep softtop to use as a pattern so I can make more! I don't know how many might be left one of my KBs sold out thier 20 with in an hour of the opening of the store the other KB in the mall had 6 when I got there and i didn't want to carry them around the mall so I waited until I was leaving to get the two I needed that was almost a mistake! There were only two left when I got back only about ten minuets later. I found out that the same buyout company that bought TRU when they were for sale also bought KB out when they were having trouble. This explains all the TRU exclusive stuff KB had gotten in stock lately. Too bad they don't find M3s and M8s in some one of TRU warehouses. LOL
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Bella detesta matribus
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:40 AM   #5
Speerz
Platoon Leader

Thanks guys!!!! I'm praying that if my brother does head out to the other side of the island, that there'll be one left for me Do you guys have any pics of it?
Speerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:10 AM   #6
10th-SS_PzDiv
Machine Gunner

Hey, googled up "WW2 Hasbro Jeep" and got these,

http://beachhead.tibranch.com/page2.html

srry, i dont know how to post pics, but just click on
"Vintage + New Vehicles"
there are 2 pics in the middle of that section of the "Hasbro Willys Jeep w/Cloth Cover".

Hopes that helps,

[you]

PS. I say that Jeep at Toyrus last Christmas for $90 so for $35 and the rarity you see them, i would want it too!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:42 AM   #7
FATJOHNY
Sniper

That is an awesome site, Surprised I have not seen it before. Alot of fun for old Joe collecters. It's kinda weird.but I have pictures of me and my friend around Christmas 1970,and I think we are wearing the same shirts as that guy and his friend. Thanks for posting that.
John Schafer
FATJOHNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #8
joe brown
Rifleman

Hi I got an MB Jeep with cloth top and seat covers over here in the UK , it cost 89 + post. Divide by 1.77 to get dollars.

It is a good Jeep and has engine compartment etc. Also a 50 cal mounted on its post with ammo box. Seats are also covered in fabrick. If it is the same item go for it , also get me one. I would like another. I am told its the same unit as 21st C?

I am looking fro other jeeps, 21st C others.
By the way it came with Patton & Driver Figures, I don't want these
anyone want to trade for them ?

Thanks Joe B.