Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > Armor, Mech and Weapons Division

Armor, Mech and Weapons Division Showcase of 1:6 Armor, Vehicles and Weapons Projects

Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
egonzinc
Brigade Commander

Dio- "Staghound Running Down Its Quarry"; Normandy, 1944

Dio - “Staghound Running Down Its Quarry” Normandy, 1944

This is my Staghound from last year, in various spots of my yard. It is the first main photoshoot after the devastation of Hurricane Maria in September 20. About a dozen of the small trees were downed by the nearly Cat5 winds. The following day, with the ground still saturated, I propped them up with heavy rope and metal stakes. Added dirt to fill in the voids and hoped for the best. Last Friday, January 5, I unstrapped all the trees. So far they look ok. Over those three months I spent countless hours working the yard. Added more features, including a new road and extended and raised the plywood background pieces in the fences. Before the plywood would go up 4 feet, not the pieces are placed on edge, making them 8 feet high. Added an additional 12 pieces of 4x8 plywood to cover most of the viewable fence area. It makes it much easier to have flexibility in taking images from different angles. Still the best light is with the sun is covered by clouds, as strong light and shadows on the backdrop, does not look good.
Having all the yard ready, makes it simple to move the vehicle around and makes the images have for the most part, a natural backdrop.

In one of the scenes, the Staghound’s commander is talking with some local French civilians. It is the first time I have used civilians in my photoshoots, and I like the results. These two figures are dressed in BGT civilian pieces. The bearded civilian is a mountain on a man, and the HS is also huge, not sure from what figure, but I believe it is from a super hero series. The old short bald man has a Ben Kingsley HS.

Here some initial shots in the old covered road, now extended all the way to the old initial main dirt road.

Here you can see the extension to the old main dirt road I put in late last summer.

Commander talking with some local Frenchmen

Here is the new road, still working on it and did not get the best light for all the variations at the spot…

www.egonzinc.com
egonzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
Warriorant
Mortarman

Re: Dio- "Staghound Running Down Its Quarry"; Normandy, 1944

Brilliant, just brilliant
Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
Hammer's Africaners
First Sergeant

Outstanding!
Should have put a German infantryman with a panzerfaust behind one of the bushes
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
SteveKrieg
Tanker

That is awesome in both model and scenery...how exacting is that scale as it's just superb and keen to see if they run upon their quarry...hopefully not armed with a Panzerfaust. Thanks for sharing and a great way to start the year. Cheers, Steve
SteveKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #5
Rolling Thunder Tech
Company Commander

The vehicle and crew look great and very natural in the outdoor setting. Glad you are recovering from the hurricane, tho I know there is a long way to go.

Is the Staghound a Mardon creation or by someone else?

Leonard
RTT
Rolling Thunder Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #6
ROB48
Tanker

Absolutely beautiful work!
Bob
ROB48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:12 AM   #7
chavaTX
Mortarman

Great looking scenery! The Staghound looks outstanding! Hope to see more adventures with this vehicle and crew.
chavaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:41 AM   #8
egonzinc
Brigade Commander

Thanks, for all the comments!

The vehicle is a Mardon Callanta model. Bought maybe 8-10 years, painted and weathered last year. You can check the "First Images" post here is SAG. The crew was done last summer and shared with ither Inns of Court vehicles and figures, late las summer. The other vehicles are a White Scout Car and a Jeep.Have a total of 11 IOC figures for these vehicles. I need to put together some infantrymen to expand the possibilities. Have a couple of single figures from over 10 years ago, but need a proper group...
Thanks again!

www.egonzinc.com
egonzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #9
Squidley
Company Commander

Your yard looks great! Glad to see you made it through all of the storms down there. Hope the trees survive.

Oh, and the Staghound and crew are excellent, as per your usual work.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #10
Panzercommander HOH
Battalion Commander

I'm in envy of your yard, Eduardo! The trees, shrubs, and other foliage look scale - not an easy feat in the hobby for sure! Your road has banks as well - NICE!

The Staghound and crew look great - as do the French civilians.

I like the Staghound crew in shirtsleeves. It's a good look - especially with their goggles and berets. The headsculpts look great as well! Well chosen!

Great job all-around!

Fred

The SSCC on Facebook
Panzercommander HOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #11
tankfan0720
Mortarman

Beautiful model and backdrop. I'm so envious of your back yard - looks like it survived the hurricanes ok? Very nice details.

I would not want to go Panther hunting in a dinky armored car though! LOL!

Nice set up Eduardo!
Bob
tankfan0720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:20 AM   #12
johnmshaw
Rifleman

Great job!
johnmshaw is offline   Reply With Quote