Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > Armor, Mech and Weapons Division

Armor, Mech and Weapons Division Showcase of 1:6 Armor, Vehicles and Weapons Projects

Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Agent007
Rifleman

21st Schwimmwagen Repaint/Mods

Hey,
A while back (like 4 years ago) I started to modify my 21st century schwimmwagen. I got a little done but then it sat in the basement for 4 years. I finally decided to get back to it and finish it off.

I'm not going to add too much detail to it, but just some basic changes and a total repaint.

Here is where I am at today.

I plan on adding the heatshield to the exhaust and the hook that is used to pull up the propeller. That and adding some mounts for the shovel and paddle on the side.

What do you guys think?
Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
panzerwerk
Division Commander

Re: 21st Schwimmwagen Repaint/Mods

Pretty cool !! I like seeing the old ones worked on , it is so easy now to make a Dragon one right out of the box . here is one I did over 10 years ago when it was the only commercially available one you could get .

Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
chamildav
Battalion Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerwerk View Post
Pretty cool !! I like seeing the old ones worked on , it is so easy now to make a Dragon one right out of the box . here is one I did over 10 years ago when it was the only commercially available one you could get .

That Schimmwagen Steve did was mine for a while and then moved to the museum at West Point. I don't know if it's still there but take a look next time you visit.
The biggest problem to correct on the 21st is the hull depth. And considering how oversized 1/6th figures are the hull being too deep makes it a lot easier to display them inside convincingly. I think Steve made his heat shield and prop rod but I bought mine from a customizer ready to install along with other parts. And panzerwerk still has wheels for it that will make a world of difference if you'd like to upgrade.
21st vehicles were really great for the time. Nice to see one getting new life.
chamildav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
johnro6659
Brigade Commander

Send a message via AIM to johnro6659

I have seen people redo the 21st ones and they came out great. IMO they are not that bad especially when you can score one at a flea market or yard sale for ten bucks! I have maybe 8 of them and a prebuilt DML one I just got when I bought a collection. I will use the DML one and some reference to eventually upgrade my 21st ones. I built a vacu form table a while ago but really never got much use out of it. I think I might try my hand at making some vacu form parts with it for the hull mods.
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Bella detesta matribus
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #5
jackcai2008
Rifleman

Hi
Nice project on your schwimmwagen. Do you have some detail photos or drawings about chassis? Im planning to make a kubelwagen into a rc car.
Now collecting infos of chassis. But not too much in China. Any links or drawings will be welcome.

Jack
jackcai2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21st century, german, schwimmwagen