Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
caribmar07
Sniper

DiD Co. Leather Like Material, Improved?

Greetings,
It's been awhile since I purchased a box set from DiD. I had issues with the material used to manufacture the boots and leather like equipment. The boots especially would crack or disintegrate over time...very fragile in my opinion.

This was the case for me on their earlier figures. I do acknowledge the significant improvements they have made on their latest releases (JP Zero, IJA etc.)...hats off to them.
Question: Has Dragon in Dreams change the material or process used to manufacture their leather like boots and equipment?

I just purchased a loose Michael Wittmann jacket described as "Real Leather" and was wondering if this may be the case.

Regards

Last edited by caribmar07; 04-06-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Revise
caribmar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
thegreatshaggy
Sniper

Re: DiD Co. Leather Like Material, Improved?

They claim that they've replaced some of the Faux leather items with newer, real leather material. The first one was supposable the boots for the redo 3R's Paul Hausser's Redo and DiD's Major Konig release. I haven't seen any of them as of yet but I do own some of the old Newline Miniatures that I compare them too once I get my hands on a set to see how they compare to them. I don't think they used real leather for either Michael Wittman or Joachim Peiper releases but I could be wrong since I don't have them (I only do Heer).
thegreatshaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
caribmar07
Sniper

Re: DiD Co. Leather Like Material, Improved?

thereatshaggy,
Appreciate the response...I took the plunge and purchased the DiD Michael Wittman Tanker jacket. Probably the most expensive parted out item I have purchased. Hope the material and manufacturing is improved since its a recent release. I was going to buy the U-Boat Jacket from BattleGear Toys but wasn't sure how to attach the shoulder boards.

Regards
caribmar07 is offline   Reply With Quote