Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

DAK Gebirgsjager......

Email to a Friend.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Kampfgruppe Edelweiss
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
gebirgsjager6thss

Company Commander

Location: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: DAK Gebirgsjager...... Download Post Reply with quote

Just need to know if the DAK Gebirgsjager wore the tall desert boots or the standard Gebirgsjager mountain boot.
Please let me know,
GJ
ActionMan

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

I don't know how accurrate it is, but I'm just putting BBi's 'Rudi Kessling' DAK Gbgsjgr together from out of the box and he has climbing boots and knee-high puttees on.
pzrwest

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Were their GJ's in Afrika? I'll check it out at a cpl re-enacting forums I belong to
gebirgsjager6thss

Company Commander

Location: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
pzrwest, two mountain troop units were with the DAK. 2nd Kompanie Sonderverband 288 and Gebirgsjäger Regiment 756.
ActionMan,Are BBI figs any better researched than DML or DID? I do not collect them so I do not know.
For all thier faults,I only do DML.
GJ
ActionMan

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

gebirgsjager6thss wrote (View Post):
ActionMan,Are BBI figs any better researched than DML or DID? I do not collect them so I do not know.
For all their faults,I only do DML.
GJ

I'm sorry, I really can't tell you. This is only my second DAK, the first was put together from loose parts. I honestly don't know enough about the DAK to be able to say which is better. The quality of the parts seems better than overall DML quality though.

Heeresbergführer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Grüß Di' Wüstegebirgsjägers,

The two Gebirgsjäger units mentioned above, tended to wear the standard leather mountain boot...though some photos also show both types of tropical boots being worn occasionally.

The 2nd. Gebirgsjäger Kompanie/Sonderverband 288 wore Luftwaffe Tropical Pants with the thigh pocket and the Army Tropical Tunic.

Geb.Jäg.Rgt. 756 wore the Army Tropical Breeches with mountain boots and knee length Wickelgamaschen (puttees) and the Army Tropical Tunic.

Both units wore the Tropical field cap with metal Edelweiss and the sleeve Edelweiss on dark greeen background.

www.gebirgsjaeger.4mg.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pzrwest

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Just remembered I have a book on the GJ's and should have re-read it I'm sure it would have given me the info