Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 904 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Rockwall, bases and columns...need to restock

Email to a Friend.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Maintenance Battalion
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
Dougmo

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Rockwall, bases and columns...need to restock Download Post Reply with quote

Please check out my earlier post in the General Quarters section for more detailed photos and display options:
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=20320

There are now 4 types of wall sections completed and ready to ship:
1) Double-sided (rock on one side, with stucco and weathered brick on the other side), painted, $75 each (sold out)

2) Double-sided (stone on one side and weathered stucco on the reverse -no exposed brick), painted, $65. (now sold out)
These are hand made one-offs, and would provide a variation to someone joining two sections with a brick column.

3) One-sided (the back has no detail), painted, $55 (2 available now)

For all of these types, let me know what color you'd like for the capping: deep plum or terra cotta.

4) Double-sided as #1, but unpainted, $40 (5 available)
These deep, detailed double sided castings caused numerous voids, mostly on the rockwall side, which took me 30-90 minutes each to fill, sand and prime. I'll include some painting and finishing tips with these.

There are three base sections ready to go, painted, $65: (now sold out)
A base section can be used with a wall section, or stand alone with a little rubble. Use your imagination! As stated in my earlier post, you could easily divide the walls and bases into threes for roomy single figure displays. There are many other variations...

Three brick columns are completed, painted, $30: (now sold out)
You will need to glue the capping on with a "foam-friendly" adhesive. Loctite Power Grip All-Purpose is what I've used, but any glue or tape that bonds and won't attack the foam will work.

All of the ready to ship products have minor color variations - there are a lot of rocks! - and I'm proud of every one. When this batch sells out I'll have a better idea for the timeline on painting up the remaining pieces. Any advance orders should specify the capping color, as these will be painted up as requested.

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments and suggestions. These display compliments are my small contribution to our 1/6 community. I hope to have some additional creations up before too long!

Contact me at this address for order information:
BlackstoneWWII@aol.com

Doug

Last edited by Dougmo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
thetoysurgeon

Cadre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Doug,

They are a masterpiece. Great for shelf dios and outside dios. So the walls sit on the cobblestone bases? Can you post the dimensions? Thanks

Dougmo

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Thanks, Dennis...all of the dimensions are on the earlier GQ post, but as I remember the base is 28" x 12", and the walls are about 28" x 7".
I tried to create something that would be durable and have flexible display options.

All suggestions and questions are welcome!

battlezone

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Outstanding work! Very impressive. If the pics were scaled up they would pass for real. Great craftsmanship there.

M.
Dougmo

Company Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Apologies if the post is a bit confusing, but the painted up examples have now been sold. Contact me if there's anything from the remaining stock that you'd like "painted to order".
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Doug

Germanbilly1

Company Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Doug, Thanks for these great walls, bases and pillers. They are going to look Great in the War Room and also in dios. The time you put into them really does show. Your pictures do not do them justice after you see them in person.
Thans, Billy

Loke666

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

My rock/brick wall came yesterday together with a columb - and they are outstanding!!

Simply superb!!

They are lightweight yet sturdy, the structure and the handpainting is top notch!
I can't recommend them enough.

Henrik

Dougmo

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

With the holidays coming up I should have some modeling time awarded to me by the "Commander-In-Chief"...
Shoot me a message if you'd like me to make up a half wall or base section (about 14") or a one third section (around 9"). A half section can display 2-3 figures, while the 1/3 section is a comfortable backdrop for a single figure.
All shipping is postage only: I make up custom boxes for the larger sections-