Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 904 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Panzer IV Ausf H Project

Email to a Friend. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Armor, Mech and Weapons Division
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
TBowman

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Panzer IV Ausf H Project Download Post Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Well, after a long, long wait for a Panzer IV(my personal favorite tank of the war) I finally have one to start working on. I'll be finishing some detail work on the late Tiger's lower hull and then focus on this project.

Arrival! YIPEE!! Early Christmas present!

The hull was packed full of individual boxes, every one like a treasure box of cool parts! Also, I couldn't resist and took a quick glimpse at the schurzen and the etched parts. Everything is really nice and the detail of the kit-supplied parts is super (will post some photos of complete parts as soon as I can). As my first piece of armor that consists of a fiber glass upper hull and turret, I am very pleased. Well done and thank you David/Blitzkrieg Armour for carrying on with these fine kits.

As most everyone knows, these come as a mid/later Ausf J. I'll be converting mine to a late H and will be representing a Panzer IV of 12SS in the defense of Caen, June-July 1944.

So, diving right into the lower hull I worked on these today. I'll complete the remaining return roller brackets as well as the detailing on the road wheel/suspension bases and drive gear housing.

Looking forward to this project over the next year very much! More to come soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Tim

Last edited by TBowman on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
johnro6659

Platoon Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Very nice I can't wait to see this project take shape and finished if it's anything like your other works it should be a top notch 1/6th scale addition.
The Fighting Sixth of New England
Kapernakis

Machine Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Congrats on getting the Pz IV, can't wait to see the work you will do on it.
The work you did on the return rollers and stops already look great, it will be a shame to hide them behind the schurzen. Are you going to add the fourth return roller.
I noticed the rear idler is the type more commonly found on the F & G models, are you going to change it or leave it as is?
Jim Fowler

Rifleman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Awesome work Tim! Please let us see more when possible. I am very interested in this because I am interested in obtaining one of these too someday.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays,

Jim
Matias

Rifleman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Great work Tim! I will follow this topic very carefully. Could you explain how did you make those raised cast markings?
Warriorant

Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi Tim,

It doesn't take you long to get stuck in. I'll follow your detailing with the usual enjoyment. I always look forward to your photo's as the detail you add always makes your tanks unique Exclamation

Thanks Antony

1st SS Panzer Abteilung Nordwesten, 1/6th Armortek Panther G, 1/6th Armortek Panzer III, 1/6th R/C DAK Sdkfz 250 Greif, R/C 1/6th Opel Blitz, 2 x 1/6th Pak 40, 2 x 1/6th Flak 38, loads of 1/6th action figures
Germanbilly1

Company Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Tim, very nice can't wait to see all the detailing that you are going to do. Very Nice.
GB

TBowman

Company Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I've been waiting a long time for this tank.

Hi Mike, yes, I have the other two return rollers and will have all four per side. As far as the idler goes, some Ausf H's did have the tubular, welded idler and in particular many in the 12 SS, so thankfully I can keep it as is. What I'm not sure of is if the late-style, triangular bump stops would be correct or not for tanks sporting the earlier idler. Anything is possible in war. I'll be making many custom parts for the J-H conversion and if there is anything I miss, please let me know as I appreciate it.

Hi Matias, Cast letters are very simple to add. I'll do a short step by step photo when I add them to the next parts or I can email a quick explanation if you like.

I wanted to post some photos of the kit and it's parts so everyone can get an idea of how complete these Blitzkrieg Armour panzers are straight out of the box. I was just impatient and had to start in on parts. Embarassed

Regards
Tim

Matias

Rifleman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

TBowman wrote (View Post):

Hi Matias, Cast letters are very simple to add. I'll do a short step by step photo when I add them to the next parts or I can email a quick explanation if you like.

Tim

I`m starting the build of my Stug where I would like to add casting numbers for parts, so this matter really interests me. So if you could make or mail me a short step by step explanation, I would be more than happy.
TBowman

Company Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

I have had a lot of questions regarding the Panzer IV kit and what is included with it and since I got ahead of myself on this project and started detailing the small parts, I wanted to come back and post these photos that should answer most questions of what the kit comes with. Basically, everything you need to construct a perfect, museum-quality, running Panzer!

The parts are packed neatly and well protected in groups. I cannot list all of them because there are so many but here's the basics.

1. Main Hull(Lower and Upper) and Turret, complete with running gear and motors installed.
2. Etched Brass components consisting of fenders, fender top treads, schurzen brackets, turret schurzen and stowage bin lid and brackets.
3. Lower hull schurzen.
4. Large box of a million, highly detailed, white-metal parts.
5. Large box that contains the speed controllers, larger cast urethane detail parts. Cupola, gun mantle, stowage bin etc. Spare links.
6. Small box that contains the sound unit and smoker unit parts.
7. Small box that contains detailed tool brackets/clamps
8. Main gun barrel with antennae stowed inside.

Photos of entire package and some detail of the groups.

Hope that clarifies the "what's included in these kits?" question.

Now on with the project!!

regards
Tim

Last edited by TBowman on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total