Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 904 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Pictures

Email to a Friend.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Near Miss
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
StrictlyAirborne

Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Pictures Download Post Reply with quote

I cant get pics on the fourm. I read the tutorial and everything went fine until I had to upload the pics. It said that 0 of 2 pics were uploaded so what do I do?
thetoysurgeon

Cadre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

They might be to big try resizing
pzrwest

Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

If you can't figure it out you can always get a photobucket or imageshack account and up load your pics there then use the [IMG] tag to post your pics. Both hosts are free.
StrictlyAirborne

Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Im really wanting to put the pics here so how do I resize them from MyPictures
Johnny Canuck

Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

StrictlyAirborne wrote (View Post):
Im really wanting to put the pics here so how do I resize them from MyPictures

Unless they are huge the site server resizes large images, 1200x1200 +- shouldn't be an issue. The server won't accept BMP's so make sure it is a jpeg, jpg, gif etc.
Where are your photos now?
If on your computer upload your photo(s) to your album here, you might have to create one or contact management. You can also upload the images to one of the services available, I think a couple were mentioned above. Once you have the images uploaded on the internet, you can use the Img Code to post a photo. It will look like this:

[IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/JohnnyCanuck_2006/ThecrewofoneoftheLightRegiments75mm.jpg [/IMG]

If the image is located on the internet all you need is the direct link, a service will offer this as one of the options or right click on the image you want to grab, left click properties, copy the URL address. When copying the URL address always start at the begining never the end, as you can't always see the whole address displayed if it's long. It looks like this:

http:/i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/JohnnyCanuck_2006/ThecrewofoneoftheLightRegiments75mm.jpg

Place this address between the tags [img]AddressHereNoSpaces[/img]

URL address from your album, open image to size desired by clicking on the image, right click image, left click properties, copy URL address from the beginning(http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/cpg/albums/userpics/24592/normal_All%20the%20pics%20on%20camera%20001.jpg) this one is long, paste it between the tags [img][/img]. I used to use the buttons but it's easier and faster to write your own tags. [ quote] [/quote], [ color=red] [/color], [ size=3] [/size] etc. normally there are no spaces I put one in at the start otherwise it displays as tagged

As long as the image is not a bmp. or to large you should see an image.

If the image is to large use an editor or even just Paint to resize. If using Paint you might lose some image quality, but it does work.

Hope this helps. LMK if you need more info. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Hey I can do it. Hey I don't even have a computer, just this TV with a keyboard.

JC

Basil: "Oh, German! I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you."
StrictlyAirborne

Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Thanks yall