Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Legends Toys and Hobbies

Email to a Friend.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> The Cooler
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
gary1930

Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Legends Toys and Hobbies Download Post Reply with quote

I bought a Taowan 222 from Legends Toys and Hobbies on
Ebay. It was described in the listing as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item." It was a one-only, free shipping, buy-it-now auction.

When they shipped it, I got a curious email assuring me they had checked it for damage and advising me to contact UPS if I find any damage.

When it arrived, the box showed no damage, and the car itself was in perfect shape. Inside the hull, wrapped in bubble wrap, were these gun parts:

The gun is bent sideways, the seats are both mangled, the seat mounts are broken off, and the gun mount itself broken off the hull. The entire assembly is made of metal, and the gun mount was spot welded to the hull.

If in fact they shipped it in undamaged condition, it is one of the mysteries of the universe as to how this damage occurred.

When I filed a claim with Paypal, they immediately offered to refund $50, which I accepted.

Let the buyer beware when dealing with Legends Toys and Hobbies.
Sourdoh

Tanker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

I assume that the gun was attached to the vehicle when it was wrapped and they put bubble wrap around it to "protect it". Then the vehicle bounced around when the UPS warehouse crews played football with the box. At that point the weight of the vehicle pushed the gun into the top of the box and bent the s**t out of it! Sound plausible?
gary1930

Company Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sourdoh wrote (View Post):
I assume that the gun was attached to the vehicle when it was wrapped and they put bubble wrap around it to "protect it". Then the vehicle bounced around when the UPS warehouse crews played football with the box. At that point the weight of the vehicle pushed the gun into the top of the box and bent the s**t out of it! Sound plausible?

That may have happened in transit from China to L.A., but not from L.A. to me.
The gun assembly was busted loose, mangled, and wrapped in bubble wrap before UPS got it. UPS is blameless on this one.
Hoffner

Tanker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

"When they shipped it, I got a curious email assuring me they had checked it for damage and advising me to contact UPS if I find any damage."

To me, this statement was a warning of what was to come. Basically, they told you it was broke and go ahead and get in contact with UPS.

That sucks Gary, I pick up things here and there from them and never had a problem.

Glad to see you around again man.

Damnit....I glued my fingers together again.

www.War-Toys.com
pzrwest

Company Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

post edited according to section rules.... Harold(pzrwest)

Last edited by pzrwest on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sourdoh

Tanker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Who's right and who's wrong is not the issue. The issue is to get a new (unbroken and mangled) gun. You can only do that from the manufacturer. UPS could pay you something for the damaged part, but you are still holding a screwed up gun and a few bucks. Manufacturer. Bitch at them 'til they send you a new gun. Post your bitches on every forum you know of until the manufacturer sends you a new gun just to shut you up!
Sixth Vanguard

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

A reminder that the Cooler is not a normal discussion area.
Please refer to this post before deciding to comment on topics.

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=2721