Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Platoon building, and using up stuff I had lying around

Email to a Friend. Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Ground Pounders
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
Krieger

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your financial troubles Ed, but I sure like what you've done with your 2 squads.

Every now and then I decide to do something with just the parts I have on hand, but then I get into it and end up buying more stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your good guys next.

K.
thunderclap

Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

The platoons look great Ed and remember tough times don't last,but tough people do(one of the many sayings my mother always quoted me,and who would of thought she was right)again great job with the figures!!
Squidley

Mortarman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hey Ed, good to see your fallys again. The infantry platoon looks good too.

I've got about a platoons worth of russians, about 15 fallys, about 15 brit paras. An uncounted number of standard germans and americans, both probably in the 15 range.

We could all have worse and more expensive hobbies that this.....

Peter the painter

Mortarman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Wow!

Great figures! I especially love those FJ's

Cheers,
Peter.

niall68

Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sgt 1stlooey. . I love looking at your magificent collection of FJs, Wehermacht and US paras . . very inspiring especially your famous tutional on modifity Dragon figures which I've done that in many times.
1stlooey

Platoon Leader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Krieger wrote (View Post):
Looking forward to seeing your good guys next.

They'll be on the way soon! I think I've finished up my FJ platoon. I reckon I'm still a few short for a regulation platoon, but I ran out of FJ boots. I may do one guy with mountain boots and maybe an overcoat. But, I'm pretty sure that by December of 1944 there were lots of German units that were a little short-handed!

For completed Good Guys, I have a full squad plus an officer. I think I'll be pulling them out of moth balls next. I doubt I'll really finish up a full US platoon any time soon, especially as US platoons were larger than German ones, having 3 squads of 12 instead of 3 squads of 9. That's 24 more figures to build! (Holy cow, what have I gotten myself into? Not to mention my unfinished US anti-tank gun!)

Ed

LizardKing1968

Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

sweet bro. wish i could do something like that..

Miguel

Panzercommander HOH

Mortarman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Simply fantastic Ed!

I'm of the same mind set - but I try to build squads though and not platoons... You've done an amazing job on these late war platoons though!

They deserve a chance to get out for a photo shoot - I agree completely with that! If I was in Minnesota I'd definitely try and arrange a photo shoot with you and your troops. I've got a squad or two of Soviets they can beat up on for sure!

Nice work!

Fred