1:6 Gebirgsjager Question.......
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Sixth Army Group -> General Quarters

#1: 1:6 Gebirgsjager Question....... Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:45 am
    —
Does anyone make plastic (or metal) Heer GJ M43 cap badges? It is getting hard to find any DML caps with them already on them any more.
GJ

#2:  Author: HeeresbergführerLocation: In the Mountains of Life PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:55 am
    —
Grüß Gott Gebirglers,

We definately need more Gebirgsjäger Bergmützen mit Edelweiß!!!!

Berg Heil und Horrido!!!

#3:  Author: kendalljamieLocation: Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:35 pm
    —
I have the same problem. In fact, I just placed an order for 3 Anton Wessel caps, and I had to get 3 Rudi Kessling patch sets just to get the edelweiss badges for the caps. The small edelweiss badge for the schirmmutze would be nice, as well. On a side note, Heeresbergfuhrer, I read somewhere (?) that the green cloth backing on the edelweiss indicated that the wearer was from Austria, but have not been able to find it again. Is this accurate?

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

#4:  Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm
    —
At least you found some kendalljamie,I have not even seen those sets in awhile. Where did you find them and do they have any more?
I would also like to see the visor cap Edelweiss pin like Oberst Max has as I have a bunch of officers.
GJ

#5:  Author: kendalljamieLocation: Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:55 pm
    —
gebirgsjager6thss, go to war-toys.com and search for Rudi Kessling. I sent him an email and he said that the edelweiss cap badge was included in the patch set. I ordered over $70 worth of stuff and shipping was only $4. Hope this helps.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

#6:  Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:59 pm
    —
kendalljamie
Thank you,I will try them.Lord knows it might be the only place to get them.
GJ

#7:  Author: HeeresbergführerLocation: In the Mountains of Life PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:08 pm
    —
kendalljamie wrote (View Post):
On a side note, Heeresbergfuhrer, I read somewhere (?) that the green cloth backing on the edelweiss indicated that the wearer was from Austria, but have not been able to find it again. Is this accurate? Jamie C. Kendall Finger Lakes, New York

Servus Bergkameraden,

It has been written in some books that the green cloth backed Edelweiß denotes that the wearer is from Austria. But it has been my experience with collecting this stuff for almost 30 years, that it was just a way to make the Edelweiß stand out better on the cap and give it a sharper image. The Bergmütze with the green backed Edelweiß, pictured above, is from the 79th Gebirgs-Artillerie Regiment/1. Gebirgsdivision which was from the Munich-Garmisch-Mittenwald area of Germany.

Es war ein Edelweiß...

#8:  Author: kendalljamieLocation: Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:25 pm
    —
Thanks, heeresbergfuhrer. I have been searching diligently for the answer to that question for some time now. I'm putting together some 5th gebirgs division personnel in the ITO, and I know that a lot of those guys were from Austria, so I have been contemplating whether or not to put a green backing on the cap devices.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

#9:  Author: kendalljamieLocation: Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:10 pm
    —
gebirgsjager6thss, I received my order from War-Toys today, and the Rudi Kessling patch sets do NOT have the cap badges. I emailed Monkey Depot, asking them if the Rudi Kessling caps they offer loose include the edelweiss badges. No response as of yet, but I'll post it here when I get an answer.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

#10:  Author: Pangaea95Location: Rhode Island PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:02 pm
    —
Guys, contact Nomad65, I'm pretty sure he makes the badges you are looking for, and his work is second to none. Also, I believe Cotswold sells the badges as well, although not quite as nice as Nomads.

#11:  Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:06 pm
    —
kendalljamie thanks for the update on that as I was about to place an order.
Pangaea95 how do I get in contact with Nomad65?
GJ

#12:  Author: inxsoneLocation: So.Cal. - U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:15 pm
    —
His Profile here has an e-mail address...
"NOMAD'S PROFILE"

I've bought a number of his items and they are OUTSTANDING ExclamationExclamationExclamation
Also he is a VERY cool guy to deal with...

#13:  Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:40 am
    —
Thanks inxsone
I sent him a PM and a link to this page,I hope he gets back to us.
GJ

#14:  Author: gigoo PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:12 am
    —
Cotswold has them. They're not great, but better than nothing...

G

#15:  Author: HeeresbergführerLocation: In the Mountains of Life PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:25 am
    —
Grüß Gott Edelweißtragers,

Another sollution would be to cast your own with Alumilite:

http://www.alumilite.com/

Dort, wo der Adler haust!

#16:  Author: nomadLocation: Slidell, LA PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:16 pm
    —
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in jumping in here. I do make them, although mine isn't quite as crisp as Dragon's. The advantage is that mine are metal and can be polished to a very nice sheen. If I can figure out where the kids hid the camera, I can take some pics.
I also have the Jager badge the one with the oak leaves, and a ski Jager (with the single diagonal ski). In addition I made a few of the specific divisions, can't remember which the stag head is for.

5th gerbigs
??th gerbigs

I also went in and updated my profile, so folks can E-mail me.

#17:  Author: HeeresbergführerLocation: In the Mountains of Life PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:49 pm
    —
Grüß Gott Nomad,

The Reindeer head was the division emblem for the 2nd Gebirgsdivision. It should be worn with the Edelweiss badge.

Rentiere vor!

#18:  Author: gebirgsjager6thssLocation: Farthest Point From the Bright Centre Of The Universe PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:29 pm
    —
Heeresbergführer wrote:
Grüß Gott Nomad,

The Reindeer head was the division emblem for the 2nd Gebirgsdivision. It should be worn with the Edelweiss badge.
Rentiere vor!
Heeresbergführer
How do they go together? I mean,which side of the Edelweiss would I put them?
GJ

#19:  Author: HeeresbergführerLocation: In the Mountains of Life PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:57 am
    —
Servus Bergkameraden,

The unit emblems were worn on the same side as the Edelweiß...either in front or in back of it. Here's an example of my reenactment unit's emblem, Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4:

Dort, wo der Adler haust!

Sixth Army Group -> General Quarters

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1