FIRST PLACE - thetoysurgeon#2
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Sixth Army Group -> Veterans Day figure contest, 2009

#1: FIRST PLACE - thetoysurgeon#2 Author: thetoysurgeonLocation: Anderson, SC PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 am
    —
You fix'em and I'll drive'em !

US Army Combat Vehicle Crewman, Driver - Tracked Vehicles , ETO , Autumn, 1944

#2:  Author: budro65 PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:04 am
    —
Fantastic figure Dennis!!!!! A very well deserved first place, a big congrats to you!!!

budro 65

#3:  Author: Kev LonginoLocation: Scottish Highlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:46 am
    —
A fantastic figure Dennis - many congratulations on your deserved win Exclamation Exclamation

#4:  Author: anthrushLocation: Leeds AL PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:40 pm
    —
Great job Dennis. Congrats on a job well done. Very Happy
Allen

#5:  Author: Johnny CanuckLocation: Ottawa, Ontario Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm
    —
Great job. Congrats

Geoff

#6:  Author: ActionManLocation: New Territories, Hong Kong PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:19 pm
    —
well done!

Please tell us how you got the dirt ingrained into the creases of his fingers - I've tried all sorts of ways and can never get them to work.

#7:  Author: Ostfront43Location: Indiana PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 am
    —
Well deserved win! Congratulations!!

#8:  Author: thetoysurgeonLocation: Anderson, SC PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:43 pm
    —
Thanks guys! I stole a method from Eduardo while I was down there and this was my first attempt on both my entries. I don't know if I did it right but it looks good to me. I especially like the dirt effect on the LW guy's neck, back and face. I outlined the dirt under the fingernails by taking a Micron 05 ink pen and drew a line across the end of each finger nail. Then I mixed the cheap (Michaels Acrylic paint) Burnt umber or raw umber, with denatured alcohol. Take a medium size brush and just coat the hand or face real good. Have a clean brush, water, damp paper towel and q-tips at ready. The palms of the hands are less dirty so dab that area first. then with a damp q-tip or paper towel dap most of the excess paint away. If it dries to fast have some clean alcohol to rewet the area to work with it. I always dirty up and weather my figures. I have very few clean ones. Sometime its bad to see a cool uniform or camo get all stained and painted up. Hope this helps.

#9:  Author: vehicle PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:37 pm
    —
Dennis
Nicely done Exclamation

vehicle

Sixth Army Group -> Veterans Day figure contest, 2009

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1