Heads up - one more shutdown
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Sixth Army Group -> General Quarters

#1: Heads up - one more shutdown Author: Sixth VanguardLocation: Southern California PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 am
    —
The new server is performing well, and the new board is installed and performing well. Still some tweaks and more stuff to add, but the basics are there, including member profiles Wink

I will need to shutdown this board for a while to migrate data to the new board. If all goes well we won't be back here Exclamation

So if you show up one day and it says the board is down, then the final move is on. After some testing I will open the new board and this one will become an archive.

If all doesn't go well, we can fallback to this board while I figure out what went wrong, but that won't happen Mr. Green

Want to thank everyone for their patience and ask for just a little more. The member's really stepped up when asked for support and it couldn't have been done without the generous donations Exclamation

Figure this happens sometime this week, and by next weekend we will be enjoying our new digs. Expect some teething pains on the new board, and please speak up about likes and dislikes at the new place. It is built for you. Without you it is a waste of cyberspace Cool

#2:  Author: PolishandProudLocation: Danbury Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:48 am
    —
Thanks for the update! Exclamation Exclamation

#3:  Author: pzrwestLocation: Cardiff Ontario Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 am
    —
Thanks for the heads up, your hard work is appreciated.... Harold

#4:  Author: jbcatLocation: Granollers. Catalonia PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 am
    —
Thanks

#5:  Author: TBowmanLocation: Northern California PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 am
    —
Hi Sixth

As the others have already said. The hard work by everyone involved to keep this forum up and running is very much appreciated. Exclamation

Kindest regards
Tim

#6:  Author: SourdohLocation: Peoria, AZ, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 pm
    —
I look forward to the new site. Is the URL going to be the same? Or are we all going to get an email that tells us where to go? ... In a nice way, of course.

#7:  Author: Sixth VanguardLocation: Southern California PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 pm
    —
The url will be a little different to get into the forums, but going to www.sixtharmygroup.com will redirect you to the right place.

#8:  Author: Sixth VanguardLocation: Southern California PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:05 am
    —
Going to try to make the switch to the new board on Thursday night - Friday, so the board will be down starting Thursday night and barring any unforeseen problems the new board will be open sometime Friday.

Everyone's user names and passwords will remain the same. Also the new board's "forgot my password" functions are working so if you get stuck try that. And if all else fails you can always email me.

Sixth Army Group -> General Quarters

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1