Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

50's for the quad mount

Email to a Friend. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Armor, Mech and Weapons Division
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
armorpax

Company Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: 50's for the quad mount Download Post Reply with quote

Hi All,

with the majority of the parts for Armorteks M2 halftrack mastered and the last few parts underway I have been able to shift some of my time over to the quad 50, I know its not a lot to look at yet but we now have the body sections for the left and right handed 50's and I have just put the finishing touches to the solenoid trigger unit,

Best regards

Dave

heavygang

Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Dam Dave your such a tease. Gorgeous 50s send me four, I would like to give them a test fire, oh and some ammo I am out of real 50 cal at this time.
Steve

thetoysurgeon

Cadre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Dave,

I am waiting on this piece. I had the plans to make one but you beat me to it. Anways can you reflect on the materials that are gonna be used in construction of this piece and do you have a ballpark price yet. Will the mount be availible by itself?

thanks

Dennis

armorpax

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,

kit will be mixture of resin and white metal, aim is to keep the thing from becoming too expensive. Recievers will be resin cast but all the smaller detail parts will be metal, probably the same on the main body (this should help keep the shipping weight down also).

Kit will be a stand alone model but is being done so it can be used on the Armortek Halftrack as well.

Costings? no idea yet as there are so many pieces to master and moulds to make but as I said the aim is to try and keep it affordable.

Best regards

Dave

Rolling Thunder Tech

Machine Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I think that your work would really shine if you could just add a little detail to the work.

Actually, I'd like to know how many kilowatts your machine draws that shrinks down the parts from 1:1 to 1:6 scale.

Fantastic work as usual. You're raised the bar so hight that a 747 can fly under it, and probably even do a slow roll.

Leonard
RTT
ActionMan

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Dave, they look really good. Can you say if you are planning to make a tripod and grips for a ground-mounted M2?
armorpax

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi Actionman,

we already do a full standard 50 with all the trimmings but after the work that went into items like the GPMG tripod and the lack of sales on it we are probably going to steer clear of ground equipment and stick to the vehicle stuff that sells for us,

cheers

Dave

Hammer's Africaners

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: 50 cals Download Post Reply with quote

Those look real good, sharp detail even like the fact that you have left and right hand feed guns..................Hammer
Actionfigureman09

Platoon Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool release, I may get one once the whole kit is put into production, it is a magnificent gun. Hopefully that BRA M2 halftrack comes out, those two put together would be spectacular!
pomz99

Company Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

This looks to be a very nice setup. Exclamation