Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

New DiD: USAAF Eighth Air Force "William Bowman"

Email to a Friend. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> General Quarters
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  

How likely is it that you will purchase this product?
Very likely
47%
 47%  [ 41 ]
Somewhat likely
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Undecided
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
Somewhat unlikely
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Very unlikely
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

TBowman

Company Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

.308 wrote (View Post):
If I am not mistaken the head sculpt is that of one of the new acc. sets from DiD.

Thank you very much .308!

P-59A

Rifleman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

he219u wrote (View Post):
hope DID will also give us leather pants Wink
For those who do not like the jacket art use Goof Off and a Q-tip to age or remove the art. Wipe it down with a terry cloth and Goof Off for a finnal clean then use brown shoe polish liquid or paste to cover the paint in the hard to get at leather wrinkles. The Goof Off used lightly will not harm the jacket.
Brave Rifles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

P-59A wrote (View Post):
For those who do not like the jacket art use Goof Off and a Q-tip to age or remove the art. Wipe it down with a terry cloth and Goof Off for a finnal clean then use brown shoe polish liquid or paste to cover the paint in the hard to get at leather wrinkles. The Goof Off used lightly will not harm the jacket.

Great tip P-59. Do you by chance have any pics of the outcome using this method?

P-59A

Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Brave Rifles wrote (View Post):
P-59A wrote (View Post):

Great tip P-59. Do you by chance have any pics of the outcome using this method?
[php][code] I have no idea on how to upload a photo here. In fact I some how deleted all my other photo's attempting to do so. I did reload the jacket pics to my site if you want to look. David P.S. Check out my buddy's web site www.aircraftwrecks.com to see what we do for fun.
G.I.Azteca

Rifleman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Damn !!!! I haven`t been in the game for a while now do to my budget, but after seeing this fig. My wallet is gonna hurt, but I am going to get this fig.
johkaz

Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi,

Having just got this boxed figure, to be honest as a bomber pilot i am a bit dissapointed with it.
Because when i first opened the box to see the contents, it struck me how light it was on parts for the figure.
Mainly i think because the gun is in there.

And this alone to me makes me think, that the boxed set is a replacement or compliment for the Dragon Billy Hicks figure.
As the gun is the only thing apart from the 8th patch, that makes me think bomber pilot.

I really think that this boxed set should have been labelled US Pilot instead, as i think of it is a fighter pilot with a .50 cal.

As for the picture on the back of the jacket, i will have to find something like Goof Off here in the UK to remove it.
And then maybe give the jacket a coat of Matt Medium to dull it down a bit, as it looks too new as it is.

Gary

johkaz

Company Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi,

P-59A wrote (View Post):

I can confirm the idea above by P-59A does work, as i too have removed the picture from the back of the jacket. The only problem is i cannot load the pictures to show this, because my computer is down again. Hopefully if it is repaired by the end of the week, i will add them to this topic.

The method i used to get rid of the picture, was to use neat Acetone which is used in the same was as described above. Making sure that you dab it off while still wet, to get the picture off the jacket. It does take a while to make sure you have all the colour off. In all including adding some Brown Kiwi shoe polish to the jacket afterwards, to cover the final white bits it took about 3 hours.

Gary

johkaz

Company Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hi,

As promised i have the photos now, of how i have used the original idea by P-59A to remove the emblem from the back of the Bowman jacket.
I have also made a page on my website Here, showing in more detail how i did it.

Image Image
Image Image

Gary

Brave Rifles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

That does work pretty darn good Gary!!

Also seems to give the jacket a more worn leather look to my eyes.