Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 904 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Taowan's Horch 108 Command Car & Land Rover- Timewalker

Email to a Friend.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Quartermaster Corps
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
Timewalker1

Rifleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Taowan's Horch 108 Command Car & Land Rover- Timewalker Download Post Reply with quote

Taowan's Full Metal Horch 108 Command Car and Land Rover Assault Vehicle are available for Preorder. Please observe preorder deadlines. See website for details:

http://www.timewalkertoys.com/

Thank you,

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles
thetoysurgeon

Cadre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Steven,

What is the purpose of this in your write up on your webpage for the HORCH?

"* A $100 non-refundable deposit will be billed by August 20th. '

so if the item doesn't ship or isn't made I am out $100? What is the purpose of this charge?

thanks

Dennis

Sourdoh

Tanker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

I guess if you have to ask what the total price is, you can't afford it!

I would never give a non-refundable deposit on anything!

Timewalker1

Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hello Dennis,

I am sorry, but I did not see your question until I logged in to the forum today.

Non-refundable deposits on large and expensive items are not uncommon. The reason for the deposit is that the MANUFACTURER requires the deposit from us at the time we place our final order on August 20th (which, again, is a manufacturer imposed deadline). Their purpose, and ours for that matter, is to insure a certain level of commitment to the item. When one allows for preorders in one's business model, it is one thing to receive a few cancellations on action figures before product arrives. It is another thing altogether to receive a cancellation on what is, essentially, a very large and rather expensive special order item (we will have very little, if any, stock on this item).

Shame on the retailer that would not give a deposit back if a manufacturer decides not to make and/or ship the product!! The fact that a question was raised about the possibility of such an occurrence is a sad thing. It suggests to me that there have been retailers who have retained deposits even when product has not been delivered. What a shameful and sad world we live it.

We have run a successful operation for over seven years serving the collecting community. Those who have done business with us know we run a fair, friendly, and flexible company with excellent customer service. Obviously, if Taowan fails to deliver, for whatever reason, you would get your deposit back.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Steven Allen
Phone: 913-596-9929

http://www.timewalkertoys.com
thetoysurgeon

Cadre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Steven,

Thank you for the explanation of the deposit. There have been instances in this hobby where thousands of dollars were stolen for orders. You are just the middleman and would be in a sticky wicket, like us, if they did pull out. Call me gun shy. Dropping that kind of change on a foreign venture is freigthening. This company has a track record of delivering a good product. I have heard of broken parts, bad paint smell, etc. Can the item be returned if not satisfied, minus the $100 and or any restocking fee? Also is the item safe, no toxic or radioactive parts? Does it get inspected by US customs? Maybe I should give you a call.

thanks again!

Dennis

Timewalker1

Rifleman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hello Dennis (& anyone else interested in this topic),

Yes, believe me I understand your concern. I am sure that consumers and retailers alike have lost money on bad schemes over the years, but this entire hobby is built on “foreign ventures”. I wish there were more locally-based producers, but that is just not the reality of the industry at the moment (note- we may see that change if the Chinese currency begins to rise against the U.S dollar, but that is an entirely different conversation). My job is to choose the venture wisely, and I believe Taowan is a good bet. They are eager to produce reasonably priced, pre-built/painted, metal models for the collector market. Their motivations are genuine and they know their reputation, both now and in the future, not only depends on delivering, but delivering quality products to the marketplace. Are they perfect? No. I have written two letters now to the manufacturer urging them to take better care with packing their products for shipment and making sure they do simple things like tightening nuts down all the way. The last batch of 222s we received seems to indicate that they are paying attention. Despite these irritations, their products have received generally good reviews, and with a little tinkering by the consumer, I’ve seen some gorgeous weathering and modifications on these vehicles.

There have been a few pieces come through with parts that were damaged in transit, but in most cases a little epoxy (JB Weld) fixed the problem. If you do happen to receive a Taowan product that is damaged beyond what you are willing to repair, then you will be able to return it for a refund, less the price of any shipping costs. However, now that we are dealing more directly with the factory, rather than going through the original distributor, I will be able to inspect each vehicle before it ships to its final destination.

As for the “bad paint smell” which some have cited, I believe the smell has had less to do with the paint and more to do with the type of rubber they use for the tires. The tires tend to gas-off for over a month as they travel across the ocean, and they do stink to high heaven when you first open the box. This smell typically dissipates after about a week or so. I do not believe they are using a lead based or otherwise toxic paint, but I have also not had the paint tested; nor do I believe they are using radioactive parts.

Yes, U.S. Customs inspected both batches of the previous Krupp Truck and the 222. In fact, that was part of the delay on both vehicles when they originally hit the States the first time.

Anyway, anyone who has further questions on this product, please feel free to email or call me directly at sallen@timewalkertoys.com or (913) 596-9929.

Thank you for your attention,
Steven Allen

http://www.timewalkertoys.com/
webb

Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

You do payment plan ?

Thank you

Timewalker1

Rifleman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

We require a $100.00 deposit, which the factory requires when we place our order. All the reasons for the deposit are stated in the conversation above.

We don't have a payment plan on Taowan products. One generally gets a 3 or 4 month lead time before they have to pay the balance. That is a reasonable time to budget for the expense. While Taowan products are not the most expensive metal vehicles on the market, they are still expensive enough, and we cannot afford to keep them on our credit for an extended period to support a payment plan.

By the way, our deadline to place an inventory with the manufacturer has past. However, we have ordered a limited amount of additional Horch and LandRover inventory. It is first come, first served at this point. We cannot alter our order with the manufacturer.

Thank you for the question.

Steven Allen