Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 151 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

Gebirgsartillerie

Email to a Friend. Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> Ground Pounders
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
bullit

Rifleman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Gebirgsartillerie Download Post Reply with quote

hi all!

i like to show you a figure i have done in 2008 for a contest, 3rd place Very Happy i recently made some improvements in detail, some changes and added some on it.
actually all caused by the painted hs, which started to gloss and "melt" after two weeks. i guess it came from the two different kinds of clear coat i used? anyway, lesson learned and i had a little fun improving the figure :)

the figur is "karl ziegler" mountain-artillery in 1942. nco candidate in norway. he will get a gun soon :)

hs is dml herman stahlschmidt, all kinds of parts used plus lots of custom work. please ask if you want to know something special or in detail!

now enjoy!

best,
stephan

images from 2008:

updates (2010):

RogueJK

Machine Gunner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Excellent job! I can see why the original figure finished so well in the competition, and the updates have even taken it up another level.

And it's nice to see a member of the Gebirgs-Artillerie. People tend to think "Jager" when they imagine the men in a Gebirgs-Division, but often overlook the fact that they also included men in medical, anti-tank, flak, artillery, supply, recon, engineer, and signals units, among others. All of whom were trained mountaineers (in theory), and who were expected to lug their equipment through some very rough terrain.

The mountain artillery pieces, specifically, were designed to be broken down into smaller loads, so that they (and their ammo) could be carried up the mountains on the backs of the men and mules in the division. Perhaps that's why this guy looks so worn out. wink
Panzercommander HOH

Mortarman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Fantastic job!

I'm blown away by the leather flaps on the binoculars and the box flashlight. AMAZING!

You've done a great job on the entire figure!

You mentioned he's getting a gun - would it be the 7.5 cm Gebirgsgeschütz 36?

Because that's my vote!

Fred
Fernandopm

Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Excellent depiction of a Gebirgsjager !! and the updates are very nice too Wink
bullit

Rifleman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

thanks for the nice comments guys!

@panzercommander:
yes, it will be a Gebirgsgeschütz 36, an "almrevolver" :)
already in planing phase... but will take some time..

best,
stephan
Panzercommander HOH

Mortarman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Stephan,

AWESOME! I cannot wait to see this piece! I believe Patrick (Heeresbergführer) will also be very excited to see the Gebirgsgeschütz 36 (and this figure) as well!

Again - superb job on the figure!

Fred
bullit

Rifleman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Panzercommander HOH wrote (View Post):
Stephan,

AWESOME! I cannot wait to see this piece! I believe Patrick (Heeresbergführer) will also be very excited to see the Gebirgsgeschütz 36 (and this figure) as well!

Again - superb job on the figure!

Fred

thanks fred! maybe i have time to post images on progress, but it will take
soooome time :)

patrick already know, he is on a business-trip. i requested him on pictures Very Happy

best.
drummerboy

Company Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

A triumph of superb detailing!
Panzercommander HOH

Mortarman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Stephan,

That will be an amazing piece! I'm glad Patrick knows about it - he's definitely the right person to ask for advice on said gun.

Take your time and post photos when it is finished - I am sure it will look great!

By the way - you'll need five or six more superb figures like this one to man that gun!

I can't wait to see it all!

Fred
montañes

Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Hallo Stephan !!!

Another superb work, plenty of great and little details, you take your time from one figure to another one, but time in your case means quality.

Take care my friend,

Jaime.