Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 904 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:21 am

About you...

Search

Advanced Search

SAG 1st Anniversary Contest "Soldiers In Action'

Email to a Friend. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Sixth Army Group Forum Index -> SAG 1st Anniversary Contest
View previous topic : Download Topic : View next topic  
Pangaea95

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: SAG 1st Anniversary Contest "Soldiers In Action' Download Post Reply with quote

The SAG Is Pleased To Announce It's 1st Anniversary Contest:
"Soldiers In Action"

Toy's, doll's, battlebarbies, we have all sorts of terms for our figure's, but bottom line Is they are action figure's, for years static display modelers In 1/6th have been setting new standards In effect legitimizing our hobby to the traditional modeling circles that have In the past looked down upon 1/6th as toys. There have been leaps and bounds made In the quality and accuracy of our hobby, aftermarket parts and custom accessories have gone beyond our wildest dreams, these are great 1/6th days we are living.

Up untill now, most contests have been static display figure/vehicle/dio contests, In celebration of the first anniversary of the SAG we now present something new and different, something to show off the full versatility and flexability of our hobby. For the first time, at least to my knowledge, we present to you an action figure contest that focus's on the "Action"!!!

Huh??? What you say??? "Action" contest??? Yep thats right an "Action" contest, we are going to show off the versatility of our fig's through movement!!! How are we going to do this? Easy, the idea Is to create some sort of dio, be It indoors or outdoors, of a combat team In action, movement will be shown through a series of photos of some sort of crew served weapon In action. You will be using multiple figures that will be re-arranged through the series of pic's to show movement. An example would be of a Pak40 with crew loading and firing the weapon, an MG section, bazooka team, mortar crew etc.

Now there are some limitations as to what can or can not be used, vehicles are not going to be a part of this contest, that include trains, planes, AFV's, softskins, motorcycles, etc. But, can be used In the backround as part of the dio, eg. a US bazooka team blowing up a German AFV. Structures/bldgs are allowed as long as they don't get In the way of the action, and are part of the position/crew that you are portraying. There Is also a limit of 8 figures, which should be enough to crew up a large artillary piece.

Stay Tuned, More Details To Follow Exclamation

Last edited by Pangaea95 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pangaea95

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

"Soldiers In Action" Contest Rules

Rules for entry submissions are as follows:

1. You may submit 4 to 10 photographs of your display(4 minimum).
2. Photographs will not exceed 800X600 pixels.
3. Collage photographs will not be permitted.
4. Between 2 to 8 figures will be allowed.
5. Must use some sort of crew served weapon excluding AFV's of any sort.
6. You may edit your photograph to eliminate or add a background however photoediting will NOT add or subtract from your score.
7. Your entry should be submitted to the SAG group for hosting and posting, submissions will remain anonymous untill after the contest.
8. You should include some sort of storline/narration to follow the pic's of the submission
9. Previously posted displays/photo's will not be allowed
10. Submissions may not be posted on other boards or entrants identities revealed untill after the contest, they must remain anonymous, this will be strictly enforced and will lead to disqualification of the entrant.
11. Submissions will be accepted from August 1st Untill October 31st
12. Submissions may be based on any nationality of any theatre pertaining to WW2 1939-1945.
13. AFV's may be used solely as a BACKROUND DETAIL ONLY(anti tank crews need something to shoot at) and will NOT add or subtract from your score.
14. Submissions will be screaned, should any discrepancies pertaining to the rules be found, the submitor will get a chance to fix before being posted provided the entry Is resubmitted by the deadline.
15. Entry may be based on an indoor, or outdoor dio.
16. Only one submission per member
17. Entrants must be members of the community for at least 30 days, and have at least 30 post's prior to June 6th. This contest Is our way of thanking the members of the community who have participated over the past year to make this board the place It Is today Mr. Green

Judging/Scoring of Submissions:

Scoring will be based on the following categories;

1. Photography/Presentation
2. Movement/Action sequences
3. Realisim of poses
4. Historical Acuracy/Authenticity
5. Originality/Creativity
6. Storyline

There will be 5 winners for this contest, all of which will receive very nice prizes most generously donated by members of the community, there will also be a "Peoples Choice Poll" again although, there will be no prizes awarded for this as the results usualy tend to follow the judging results and we decided rather than shower one person with a ton of suff, we would create more chances for members to win.

Peoples Choice categories will be;
1. Best Storyline
2. Most creative
3. Best all around

How to place entry? Submissions must be sent to:

sagcontest@cox.net

From there they will be hosted and posted by the SAG, make sure to include your storyline placing text between photos as you would want It displayed. Please don't forget to include your SAG handle/screen name

Last edited by Pangaea95 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Pangaea95

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

"Soldiers In Action" Prize List

Here is a list of donations that we have confirmed at this point.

6th Scale Icons/Toyrific $100 gift certificate X2
DML "Jack Sullivan"
DML DX06 Exclusive "Oscar Boesch"
DML "Anton and Vaprossov"
DML "20mm Flak w/Marcus"
BBI "Wolfgang Feigel"
Panzerwerks Resin Base "Train Rail"
Panzerwerks "Flak Shell Set(50 count)" X2
TUS "Pak40"
DID "George Puller "
HWF "Remy Schrijnen" X5
Choice of Dr.D's(Thetoysurgeon) "US .50 cal Ammo Crate, or a German 100 Round 2cm Ammo Crate".
Armorpax US Tankers Helmet
Armorpax 50 Cal MG
Armorpax US Buckles sets X3
Armorpax US webbing End Tab sets X3
Armorpax British Buckle sets X3
Armorpax British End Tab sets X3
Armorpax 50 cal ammo boxes X9
Armorpax 30 cal ammo boxes X9
DML DAK Kubelwagen
DID Nebelwefer

There have been some other generous offers as well, will post details as we have them. The prize packages will be posted once we have all the details worked out.

Last edited by Pangaea95 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
10th-SS_PzDiv

Machine Gunner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

sounds fun!!! Razz Razz
Leatherneck

Battalion Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sounds like a challenge - this definately has the wheels turnin' Very Happy

One question - do "dead" figures count as part of your total of eight figures?

Ostfront43

Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Awesome!!!!!!! Must start planning Exclamation
Speerz

Platoon Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Sounds Great! I have a question (I'm sure I'll come up with more later)

1. Must you have the enemy shown in the photos? Lets say if I have a US Bazooka team, do you need to show the German AFV? Or if I make a machine gun team, do I need to show who they are shooting at?

Reizbar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

I'll take a stab at this. In short no, you don't need to have a "target" included in the photo. It's more about what the "crew" is doing. I woud suggest that if you decided to focus on a short range weapon like a bazooka, that you shoot your pictuers in such a way that doesn't leave the viewer wondering what they are shooting at. For insantance don't take a picture from directly behind if there's supposed to be a tank in front of them. I hope that makes sense. I'm sure Randy will clarify further if required.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Sixth Vanguard

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Speerz wrote (View Post):
Sounds Great! I have a question (I'm sure I'll come up with more later)

1. Must you have the enemy shown in the photos? Lets say if I have a US Bazooka team, do you need to show the German AFV? Or if I make a machine gun team, do I need to show who they are shooting at?

No need to show the target of your troops, otherwise known as the enemy.
pangaloss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:  Download Post Reply with quote

Leatherneck: If the dead figures are back ground then it shouldn't matter.
If they start off as a human wave attack and then become dead then I see a problem as it detracts from your primary team .
The focus must be on your team and their movement. This sort of answers Speers question too. It's probably best not to focus on the crews target. Remember you aren't really being scored on the static elements in you entry.

Cheers
Tim