• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by LURP DOG

1. L

Gebirgsjager figure question.

THANKS everyone for their suggestions/comments. I had an Alfons figure but had to sell it a while back to get my medical bills caught up. The bad part is my funds. Most of the figures are out of my budget range so I may have to keep an eye of figures on sale, kitbash one or maybe get an older...
  2. L

Gebirgsjager figure question.

After having a heart attack and then having a ICD put in I sold all my Gebirgsjager figures to help pay the bills. Even though I'm still treading water with the medical bills I'm itching to get a basic Gebirgsjager figure. What would be a good figure to represent a soldier of the 2nd or 3rd...
  3. L

Gebirgsjager book question.

Are there any books available that are a biography of a Gebirgsjager's life during the war ? I have the Black Edelweiss but want to read about the Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager divisions. Thx LURP DOG
  4. L

Soviet mountain troop question?

Thanx Patrick! I had heard about this book but didn't know if it had any photos or info on the Soviet Mountaineers. It's odd but one of the drawings of a Mountaineer looks like he is wearing the coveralls worn by a tanker. Any idea what he is wearing? THANX AGAIN LURP DOG
  5. L

Soviet mountain troop question?

I was searching the web & ran across a drawing of some Soviet Mountain soldiers in the Caucasus (1942-43 ) area. Now it's peaked my interest to find more about this special detachment but I can't find much more on it. Has anyone heard of such a detachment and if so, where I can find out more...
  6. L

Who makes the best pilotka?

Which company make the best pilotka? I know Dragon has a HUGE star on theirs. THANX LURP DOG
  7. L

Best basic Russian figure?

Been thinking about getting a Russian figure and wanted to know what everyone thought would be the best figure to get. Kinda want a figure based around the 43-44 time frame. Been looking at Nikita Savin & the Yori Popov (late war) figures. Any comments on those or suggestion on other figures...
  8. L

GI uniform & equipment questions?

THANX guys for the info! Still debating on the M41 jacket as the M43 is hard to find. Now how about a little help with finding a head that looks like my uncle. Attached is a photo of him before he was shipped out. THANX LURP DOG
  9. L

GI uniform & equipment questions?

My uncle served with the 337th Infantry Reg, 85th Div and was KIA at La Martina, Italy in 44 and I want to do a figure based on him but do not have a clue as to what type of uniform he would have worn and equipment used during his service there. Would he have had the lighter colored wool...
  10. L

Marine in Iraq

PCF 91 - I see that you used the HT SAW gunner for your bash. Did you do anything to the MARPATs as they look a little lighter than the dark colored ones that come with the SAW gunner? I've been trying to get my HT uniform lighter without any results. BTW, great bash! LURP DOG
  11. L

The White Death...(Valkoinen kuolema)

FANTASTIC figure! How did you modify the snow suit? Did you just remove the gloves? Could you show a closeup of the Finnish style breadbag? THANX LURP DOG
  12. L

Armor recon guys

GREAT looking figures! Are the coveralls dyed and where did you get the reference info for the color? I can't find anything like it. THANX LURP DOG
  13. L

BRIT PARA 1944

BUDRO - GREAT looking figure as always! TONY BARTON - Do you have any closeup pictures of your web gear which has been correctly painted to show the effect of painting it? Maybe some closeups from your earlier posted 1944 "Polar Bear" div figure! LURP DOG
  14. L

MARINE M1923 cartridge belt question?

Does anyone make a M1923 cartridge belt that is correct for a Marine from 1943 - 44 other than the one from DML's Alan? THANX LURP DOG
Back