• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by The Ulsterman

1. T

Boot leather?

KWMIM, Each modeller will have his /her own choice to use, and which suits them better. However, i have always used a (veg tanned) pig leather, at around 0.5 mm to 1mm (half a millimeter or one millimeter thick) I have used it for years for making belts, leggings and a multitude of items...it...
  2. T

9/11

God bless them all, i will never , ever forget. Neil.
  3. T

Well...

I have a VISA bill older than you! Happy birthday, and enjoy being 17 Neil.
  4. T

from Carentan to Brest,1944.

Work like this makes me want to pack it all in! :( This dio blew me away then, and it still does today, magnificent work Oscar. Neil.
  5. T

DML Cust Serv

Well fellas, i have to say, i have been buying DML figures and accessories since the late 1990's and have never had to use their customer service... (You could put it down to luck i suppose)...but i have never had a single issue with any of their gear. I reckon it says a lot about their initial...
  6. T

Joseph Goebbels Reich Minister of Propaganda

I have to say folks, as good as the sculpt likeness and painting is, i simply couldn't bring myself to give these figures a place in my home either, i would see it too much like a shrine to the people the figure represents. I can stomach the military side of things, but the political figures...
  7. T

Welcome to the new forums

Hey fellas, i love the new layout!!...looks very professional. The wee message left in my inbox was a very nice touch, thank you. Well done to all involved. Neil.
  8. T

Bought a Low dollar sewing machine at Walmart

Hi Reef, You got yourself a bargain! Over in the UK, a cheap one will cost £150 (over $300) Singer is by far the best. I use an old SInger 427!! :lol: It's ancient, but works perfectly for what i need. One thing i love about it though, is that it can be turned down to a 1mm...
  9. T

Tools of the trade????

Have a look here at http://www.Onesixth.co.uk/vb4forum , the Old Git is documenting his Cromwell Tank build in the Blog section of this board and IIRC the first three blog entries deal with the subject of your question. It's UK based but it should give you a bit of an answer to your question...
  10. T

Tools of the trade????

Have a look here at http://www.Onesixth.co.uk/vb4forum , the Old Git is documenting his Cromwell Tank build in the Blog section of this board and IIRC the first three blog entries deal with the subject of your question. It's UK based but it should give you a bit of an answer to your question...
  11. T

DML'sDuffle coat, goes from sand to sea!

Hello Chaps,Thought i'd take a few pics of my latest piece of 1/6th wonderstuff. Able seaman Duff .L.Coates, is showing his latest piece of kit, the wonderful DML Duffle Coat from the David Stirling figure. I don't think they could have got it nearer the mark,...it's brilliant!....in both shape...
  12. T

DML'sDuffle coat, goes from sand to sea!

Hello Chaps,Thought i'd take a few pics of my latest piece of 1/6th wonderstuff. Able seaman Duff .L.Coates, is showing his latest piece of kit, the wonderful DML Duffle Coat from the David Stirling figure. I don't think they could have got it nearer the mark,...it's brilliant!....in both shape...
  13. T

VW Staff Car

Hi Bill, If you do change the wheels, i would gladly buy the VW wheels from you. I would love to have a set of car sized wheels for a planned project. Please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell them. Thank you Neil. PS: Your VW looks fantastic, and i too wish i had bought one at the time...
  14. T

VW Staff Car

Hi Bill, If you do change the wheels, i would gladly buy the VW wheels from you. I would love to have a set of car sized wheels for a planned project. Please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell them. Thank you Neil. PS: Your VW looks fantastic, and i too wish i had bought one at the time...
  15. T

1/6th scale travelling Ambassador

I know!.. :lol: two of them were mine, but it was the story behind it that made the difference. It gave me a laugh. Neil.
Back