• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Threetoughtrucks

1. T

4th Armor Cav M20 (many new pics!!)

Great job. Museum quality.... :!: Outside of a White half-track, I can think of a better US vehicles than a M-20/M-8... Any chance these M-20's are prototypes for something you will offer?? TTT
  2. T

Figure Production Numbers

Great question. Sure would mean alot to know that a fig (or vehicle) is a limited release or be like a 21C Stuart which keeps poping up intead of being kept in a closet, and the cost just keeps rising. I guess that also is a reason why nobody is going to tell us actual production #'s.... TTT
  3. T

Armortek open day - 19 May 2007

Please Sir....I'd like one of each....Thank you. Oh.....I have to pay for them?......Never mind then. :roll: 1/6 heaven is right. :!: TTT
  4. T

Colorado Club makes the News

I can't believe it. :roll: A well done story. A story favorable to us, not about military fanatics but about history buffs playing with their toys and dollies!!!! I'll bet the Colorado guys get some new members at the next meeting. :!: Good publicity is rara and is never a bad thing. TTT
  5. T

Size of your 1/6 collection

Siegi: I did say, buried in this sizeable thread, that I meant no disrespect to you calling you a "newbie". I meant you are only a "newbie" to this board, as a registered member. With the size of your hobby, you are definately not a "newbie" to this hobby. Welcome to the board. :!: TTT
  6. T

I am moving to a "new" house, fairly soon, and wifey and me have an agreement. I will have one room for my toys, garage will have my workshop for painting and making stuff, attic for overflow NIB stuff. I will only use the attic for stuff like my extra NIB CC and other big NIB stuff. I just...
  7. T

I am bowled over with you guys and your collections.. I expected a bunch of guys with collections over 100 figures and about 20 vehicles. You guys that go up from there up to around 2,000 figures just astound me. I can't concieve of the space you guys have to display these. :shock: BTW, I...
  8. T

OK, to save alot of time, I guess what I'm asking...How many of our board members have a collection anywhere near the "newbie" collector who says he has around 1,600 figures and 15-25 vehicles?? With around 75 little guys and 30 vehicles, I know that sure isn't me. :roll: You would sure get...
  9. T

Whats in your hobby room??

I'm sorry guys, but that collection is almost scary :roll: And what is the bird, a Nazi pigeon? 1600 12" figures? wow You know you need help with collecting when the shelves under your little guys start bending..... :shock: The 1/1 chick collection (WW2 with modern hair cuts?) is a hobby...
  10. T

My M10 Finished Pics

Very impressive. :!: TTT
  11. T

Bare Bones Command Car

Compare Earl's WC-56 to the 1/1 one I owned for 20 years and you will apreciate how good a job Earl did. Just a super job Earl. :!: I always liked the straight "working" vehicles, no mg's (only one in five carried them on Jeeps, Dueces and Dodge cargo trucks.) ....they just did all the...
  12. T

Odd thought.......

Accidents happen, and always have happened. In my Advanced Infantry Training a young soldier on the hand granade range was set to throw, with an instructor next to him and he let up on the granade hand safety and it started the fuze without him realizing it. Granade went off and not only took...
  13. T

Question on FOA

Any news about anyone producing a White Half-track? TTT
  14. T

Most Expensive?

Is the question, most expensive? or most valuable. We all have items that are valuable, but we didn't pay outrageous prices because of trades or "special" purchase prices. My prize is my WC-52 Weapons Carrier converted from a 21C CC by John Ivory. Price included trades and only amounted to...
  15. T

OLIVE DRAB

A paint dealer that carries Aervoe paint for the 1/1 MV hobby is: Alan Haage 34 Maine Trail Medford, NJ 08055 Phone: 609-953-1003 8AM-5PM Mon-Fri amd 8AM-1PM Sat - Eastern Time email is: aervoepaintnj@msn.com No web site, just mail and phone. I have delt with him before, nice guy, quick...
Back