• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by warprints

1. warprints

3D printed RC tanks by Warprints

Thank you. Yes, sure. Hetzer - 550 size motors with metal gearbox - directly attached to the sprocket. Same solution like in these small electric cars for childrens. Weight of the vehicle is about 14kg - max torque of single motor is 19kg.cm Cromwell - 775 size motors with metal gearbox...
  2. warprints

Pictures of assembled model: More pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HbU2vSMwqjZan5j27 https://photos.app.goo.gl/V2HzxR76w99Azeht9
  3. warprints

Cromwell: 3D Printed with high quality ASA and PET(G) - NO PLA!!! Detailed parts printed with resin. Weight of the assembled vehicle without battery is 24kg (53 lbs). Printed in top configuration (with the steel handles etc.). It contain 753 3D printed parts and about 1100 pieces of various...
  4. warprints

Pictures of assembled model: More pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TM122H8X8SBjTnsX6 https://photos.app.goo.gl/K4bjEYDo1BBeiHnx7 https://photos.app.goo.gl/qzpYzRDCLX4dNMZU8
  5. warprints

Hi, i make some 3D printed RC tanks in scale 1/6. My own designs and in-house manufacturing. Hetzer: Unassembled kit, printed with high quality ASA and PET(G) – NO PLA!!! Detailed parts printed with resin. 414 printed parts (including tracks) 573 pieces of various hardware (optional)...
  6. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

Thank you. 2mm (5/64 ″) I used hard steel for the first few kits but now i use TIG ALSI5 aluminium rods which are intended for welding. They are much easier to bend and i use these for the track pins as well. They are strong enough, easier to cut and lightweight.
  7. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

There are 4 types/sizes of these handles on Hetzer. Two on hatches and two on the sides of the vehicle. They can be printed, but they are not nice when printed, so i make these from wire. So its a hand-made part. I dont know about any source of these and i doubt about existence of some...
  8. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

Thank you very much, SteveKrieg. Trying to do my best and still improving my skills. Yes, i can do it without mechanic parts. There are "dummy" bearings and other parts (dummy servo for MG, for the example) for this purpose and internals removed in the static kit version. And the static...
  9. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

Thank you guys. Yes, Squidley, i do these for the sale as well. I will add proper post in the "Maintenance Battalion" section soon.
  10. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

I learned a few new tricks and made some minor tweaks while building my latest Hetzer in December 2023. Texture on "Saukopf". Metal parts for mounting "Schurzen". Here you can see the magnets for mounting the machine gun. It's there for safe transport in the car. Metal handles.I...
  11. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

Construction of the first model - as you can see, the front armour is one big piece. " Gunner's eye" - moves in a groove hidden inside the part. Upper hull: And here is fully assembled model:
  12. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

The wooden base under the jack is plastic, but at least I tried to make it resemble wood a bit. On the roof, of course, is the MG34. The version without the stock, because it just belongs there. Hatches and all other flat parts are smoothed using the "ironing" function. I always try not...
  13. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

The cannon is moved by a 995 servo and arms, which I preferred to gears. Unlike gears, the movement of the arms can be controlled by their precisely calculated length. In this case, there is no need to limit the servo movement by software. The arms are equipped with bearings. There are bearings...
  14. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

The roadwheels have rubber parts like the original. The tracks are from ASA. I have very good experience with them and they are strong enough. One of my favorite parts - a cannon with a realistic bore. The count and pitch is done according to the real bore.
  15. warprints

3D printed RC Hetzer

Hi. I'm new here, I'd like to show you some of my work. I've only done 1/16 scale for a few years but always liked the large models. Bigger is better. So I decided to try something bigger as well. I did Hetzer in 1/16 scale first.Since I do all my 3D models in real size (1/1) first and then...
Back